San Jose / Counter Rally for Illegal Immigrants Protests

sundar99

Registered Users (C)
Suggest folks write back personal stories and ask the editor to highlight the need to raise Legal Immigration issues.. the writer has clearly expressed how the legal immigrants needs to be given consideration : Contact Jessie Mangaliman at jmangaliman@mercurynews. com or (408) 920-5794.

They are organising a counter protest against Illegal Immigrants rally :

Amnesty foes respond

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/immigration_debate/14488543.htm

I called him to thank him for writing the article and express my concerns on how the upcoming illegal alien amnesty/guest-work has potential to cause further delays in our legitimate employment based GC applications. I followed up with e-mail since he is on vacation.

sundar99 said:
Suggest folks write back personal stories and ask the editor to highlight the need to raise Legal Immigration issues.. the writer has clearly expressed how the legal immigrants needs to be given consideration : Contact Jessie Mangaliman at jmangaliman@mercurynews. com or (408) 920-5794.

They are organising a counter protest against Illegal Immigrants rally :

Amnesty foes respond

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/immigration_debate/14488543.htm

More the number of people calling is better !

I would think the more people call this reporter is better as Silicon Valley has significant influence, and also - the number of h1b concentration is very high.

Mentioning the plight of EB Retro, Backlog, is the price one pays for waiting in line and respecting the law of the land !... --> Already people are pissed with Mexican Citizens calling the US their land and demanding citizenships (instead of referering to them as Illegal Immigrants, better to call them Mexican Citizens, and we should tell the US Govt to treat them like any other citizens of other countries). We should empahsise how the amnesty offer can set precedence for future influx of people and how US would end up as Latino country, if immigration is not controlled. This can be a sure catalyst for SJ Mercury times as they are trying to find ammunition to counter the Illegal protests..... Family based ones are not working out for them. H1B -to GC --> process will surely work for us and them..

Reported did not know abt Labour backlog and EB Retro Victims

The reporter had no clue that EB Retro victims have been waiting in line for so long. THey are only aware of Family based immigrations. Please do call and let them know, they are not aware of the Back log waits as well... Do no assume most of the folks in US is aware of the legal immigrants wait. They do not know at all. It is time we spend few minutes with all avenues to ensure all get to know the issues faces by legal immigrants.

Just emailed to the writer and her editor.
She seems to be out on vacation until 05/22, atleast thats what her vacation reply says.