San Francisco OCI and US Passport

GungaDin

Registered Users (C)
I'm getting ready to submit my OCI form to CGI San francisco and wanted to know if I could hold onto my US passport until such time as the application was approved.

My main concern is that with the OCI/POI merge, if the OCI process ground to a halt for several months, I don't want to be stuck without my passport.
 

sanjoseaug20

Registered Users (C)
There is no regulation, or even details, at this point of time. This is a verbal commitment by the prime minister who may not be there by the time your OCI is approved, stamped and received.
 

GungaDin

Registered Users (C)
There is no regulation, or even details, at this point of time. This is a verbal commitment by the prime minister who may not be there by the time your OCI is approved, stamped and received.

I agree.
However, my question was whether I could hold on to my US Passport until OCI approval Via CGI SF. (although I see how I muddled the issue in my original post)
 
Top