sample letter .....as requested by many (I hope it helps)

sfoguy

Registered Users (C)
CIS Ombudsman
United States Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

MM, DD, 200x

Subject: Requesting your kind assistance with my I-485 (Adjustment of Status) processing

Dear CIS Ombudsman,

I am writing to seek your kind assistance in expediting the processing of my I-485 (Adjustment of status) application being adjudicated at USCIS Texas service center as part of an employment-based (EBx) immigration application.

To give you a brief history, I first came to the US in early 200x to work as an xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx at xxxxx Inc. on H-1B visa and xxxxxx sponsored an employment-based permanent resident petition for me in xxxx,200x. I have been still working at xxxxxx. During this time, I completed my xxxxx degree in the xxxxxx from xxxxxxxxxxxxx university, state name(xxx) and have recently applied for xxxx in the xxxxxxx and xxxxxx at xxxxx university. My wife has completed her xxxxxx degree in the xxxxxxx and she now needs U.S permanent residence to pursue her career as a xxxxxx. It has been five years now and we are still waiting for green card/permanent residence so we are seeking your assistance in this matter.

On xxxxxxx, 200x, my employer (xxxxx Inc.) submitted an employment-based (EBx) labor certification application as a first step to my US permanent residence. It got approved by the Texas DOL backlog center after three long years due to backlog issues. On xxxxxxxxx, 200x, USCIS Texas service center received my and my spouse’s I-485 (Adjustment of status) application as a final stage for the permanent residence. My priority date (xxxxxxxx) is current and as it has been five years now since I first applied for the permanent residence, so I contacted the USCIS Texas service center twice to find out the status and learnt that the I-485 application has not even been reviewed by an officer even though the “name check” by FBI is complete and the finger prints results were processed by FBI and showed no criminal/arrest records and the results were returned back to the USCIS in early xxxxxxx last year. The staff at the USCIS Texas service center says that they cannot help in this matter unless an official request is made to the Director, USCIS Texas service center.

This delay in overall processing has caused us considerable hardships. It not only costs us a lot but I am unable to travel to offshore facilities of xxxxx and various customer sites etc. My wife is unable to pursue her career options since most of the xxxxxx prefer the permanent residence for employment as a xxxxxxx. I learnt from the USCIS that her name/security check is also complete but she cannot get her I-485 approved until my application is processed.

We have never had a brush with the law in our entire life including the past six and half years in the US. We have paid taxes every year and have never violated any immigration laws.

When President Bush took office, he directed the USCIS to reduce the processing time for all immigration applications to six months. http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/BEPQ2FY06.pdf
This has also been pointed out by you in recent report to Congress (http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0890.shtm ).While they appear to have largely met this objective BUT cases like mine have been pending for long time now.

So it is my humble request to you that a request be made to the Director, USCIS Texas service center/TSC (address given below) to expedite our I-485 applications. I am attaching our I-485 application notice receipts for all the details.

Again, from the bottom of our hearts, my wife and I thank you so much in advance for every help & assistance that you can provide to expedite the processing of our I-485 applications.

Please contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or via email at xxxxxxxxx@xxxx.com, if further information is required.

The brief information for our I-485 case is also mentioned below in addition to the receipts.

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.”

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Our address:
xxxxxxxxx, # xxx
xxxxxxx, xx, xxxxx-xxxx
Home Phone# (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Email address: xxxxxx@xxxx.com

Enclosure:
1. Copy of I-485 application receipt notices of my self and my spouse.

Following are our case detail:

1). First, Middle & Last Name:
xxxxx xxxx xxxxx
Receipt# SRC-xxxxxxxxxxx
Date & place of birth: xxxxxx, xxxxx @ xxxxxx, xxxxx

2). Spouse first, middle & last name:
xxxxxx xxxx xxxxx
Receipt# SRC-xxxxxxxxxxx
Date & place of birth: xxxxx, xxxxx @ xxxx, xxxxx
================================================================
USCIS Texas Service Center
Attn: Director
P O Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488
National Customer service Telephone# 1-800-375-5283
==================================================================

Is it true that a visa number is allotted for those stuck in namecheck when their Priority Date becomes current? I read in one of these namecheck threads but unable to trace it back, posted by a guy from TSC center.

Thanks.

Thank you sfoguy for your time and patience.

It helps lot of people in the forum in future who may suffer like us (Hope no one should suffer like us).