same old questions!

greatgc

Registered Users (C)
1. How does USCIS process 485s? Based on PD or RD or BOTH?

2. IF all checks including name check are completed and correctly "updated" in outdated systems of USCIS,

AND
The PD becomes current

AND
the "processing times" shown on the USCIS site does cover the PD AND RD;

would there be any thing else pending for USCIS to "process" before making up its mind for the final outcome?

3. What is the rough estimate for total no.of pending EB2 India cases with PDs between April 2004 and June 2006?

4. How "efficient" USCIS can be to "utilize" all available visas w/o waste?
(Track record so far has been very poor.)

5. Can we do any thing (such as contact some powerful political entity) to "assist" USCIS to help make up it's mind in expediated manner ;-)?

Although, I certainly hope to see flood of LUDs followed by approvals in August,I doubt,based on all the odds mentioned above, about actual no. of
EB2 cases that will be approved.

Greatgc,
What is your PD ?
I think it is a good idea to fax letters to powerful senator/congressmen like Z. Lofgrean so that USCIS make use of all visas. We need to mention past wastage of visa.
Also we can run a pool for EB2 India Jan 2003 to June 1 2006 PD. I know some people with June 2003 EB2/NIW PD from India are still pending.
My PD NIW concurrent Sept 2005 TSC, India

Last edited by a moderator:
Also we can run a pool for EB2 India Jan 2003 to June 1 2006 PD.

ya' - we can do so.

May be in seperate thread.

1. How does USCIS process 485s? Based on PD or RD or BOTH?

2. IF all checks including name check are completed and correctly "updated" in outdated systems of USCIS,

Name check has to be pending over 120 days but does not need to be completed.

In my recent conversation with a TSC IO I was told they are now filing according to the PD/ category (assume EB 1/ EB 2/ EB 3)/ country
So when the PD becomes current they can pull the ones they need. He did not talk about RD though..

Answers below:
1. USCIS processes an I-485 case as per RD then before approving checks whether the PD is current. If the PD is current then they will check whether a visa number is available for that priority date. The GC is issued upon visa number availability.
2. Yes, the availability of visa numbers. For example, the EB2 India applicants with PD from April 1, 2004 to June 1, 2006 become eligible to obtain GC. However, a limited number of visa is avaialble. Suppose about 1000 visa are available but the number of applicants from April 1 to May 31, 2004 are 1200. In that case someone with PD beyond May 31, 2004 is most likely to wait for next year's quota.
3. I have no idea about the numbers.
4. Some visa numbers may be wasted as per the current scenario: Most applicants are from India and China however per country cap limit is 7% of the total visa number.
5. No comments.