Same Employer.. different clients

rkmsnd007

Hi Gurus,

I received a TN visa with my employer ABC to do a project for a client in Seattle in August 2018. Instead of having a open TN invitation letter, they mentioned that they are planning to put me to client xyz. However the project got completed within 4 months instead of the stipulated 8-9 months.

Now my employer is trying to get me projects for another clients.

Do I need a separate TN visa or I can go for other clients with the same TN visa. My current TN visa is valid for 3 years with my employer.

Regards,
RKMSND

The TN visa is for the company ABC (your Employer). You can work on any client site as long as your W2/1099 is from ABC.

When I applied for the TN, my company ABC had mentioned in their offer letter it was for client xyz and location in seattle. Back of my TN, the officer had written ABC / Client XYZ at Seattle.

When I plan to move to a new project, I would carry with me the new work order mentioning ABC has put me to client IJK. Do I need to inform anyone on the change ?

When I applied for the TN, my company ABC had mentioned in their offer letter it was for client xyz and location in seattle. Back of my TN, the officer had written ABC / Client XYZ at Seattle.

When I plan to move to a new project, I would carry with me the new work order mentioning ABC has put me to client IJK. Do I need to inform anyone on the change ?

I think they did it wrong by mentioning the end client XYZ on the offer letter.
It should be just for company ABC and you don't need to mention any end client details. That way you can work with any end client.

I think, now you might have to renew the TN for just ABC company for the new project.

Let other experts chime in on it as well !!!

I would say he needs a new TN, and that ABC should make it more general now. Client-specific TNs are for TNers working for themselves.