Same day passport Chicago?

flamingopark2

Registered Users (C)
Basically yes. "Recommended for approval" is the standard formulation in the case of the successful outcome of a naturalization interview. Technically, the final approval of an N-400 application only occurs at the oath itself.
Baikal3: I have a question, can you apply and receive a passport the same day in Chicago Passport Agency? I am still waiting for my oath letter myself here in Missouri, but I was thinking about going to Chicago for a few days. In that case, I would like to apply for a passport there. The reason I am asking it is because it seems it has to be a trip that it is near to 4 weeks. Let me know. Thanks.

Baikal3: I have a question, can you apply and receive a passport the same day in Chicago Passport Agency? I am still waiting for my oath letter myself here in Missouri, but I was thinking about going to Chicago for a few days. In that case, I would like to apply for a passport there. The reason I am asking it is because it seems it has to be a trip that it is near to 4 weeks. Let me know. Thanks.

Basically, yes, you can, but only under certain circumstances.
First, you'd need to schedule an appointment at the passport agency using their toll-free number (as I remember from the time I was there, they do not like walk-ins, and if you come without an appointment, there is a good chance they'll turn you away).
See http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

It is OK to call before the oath date but, obviously, the appointment itself needs to be after the oath.
At the passport agency they'll ask you to show proof of travel within 2 weeks from the appointment date.

How quickly the passport will be ready depends on how much time you have between the appointment date and the travel date. Generally, the Chicago passport agency issues passports in 0-3 business days. They do issue same day passports, but only if your travel date is really close to the appointment date. In my case my appointment was on Friday, and my flight abroad was on Sunday, so they did issue me a same day passport. But a friend of mine had about 10 days between the appointment and travel dates; his appointment was on Thursday and his passport was ready on Tuesday of the following week.

Basically, yes, you can, but only under certain circumstances.
First, you'd need to schedule an appointment at the passport agency using their toll-free number (as I remember from the time I was there, they do not like walk-ins, and if you come without an appointment, there is a good chance they'll turn you away).
See http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

It is OK to call before the oath date but, obviously, the appointment itself needs to be after the oath.
At the passport agency they'll ask you to show proof of travel within 2 weeks from the appointment date.

How quickly the passport will be ready depends on how much time you have between the appointment date and the travel date. Generally, the Chicago passport agency issues passports in 0-3 business days. They do issue same day passports, but only if your travel date is really close to the appointment date. In my case my appointment was on Friday, and my flight abroad was on Sunday, so they did issue me a same day passport. But a friend of mine had about 10 days between the appointment and travel dates; his appointment was on Thursday and his passport was ready on Tuesday of the following week.
Thanks a lot for the information...I just interviewed last week, so I am sure it will be some time for me to get an oath letter, I am planning to travel in October, I just hope to have plenty time from the oath ceremony date and the trip plans.

Thanks a lot for the information...I just interviewed last week, so I am sure it will be some time for me to get an oath letter, I am planning to travel in October, I just hope to have plenty time from the oath ceremony date and the trip plans.
I would say that on average the time between the interview and the oath is about one month. Maybe two. So, roughly you will have 2+ months to get a passport. If I were you, I would just go with an expedited process through the post office. If you you happen to get an oath date in July, then I would even recommend you to go with a routine processing.

I would say that on average the time between the interview and the oath is about one month. Maybe two. So, roughly you will have 2+ months to get a passport. If I were you, I would just go with an expedited process through the post office. If you you happen to get an oath date in July, then I would even recommend you to go with a routine processing.

What's the routine processing?

Passport is just one part of the travel requirements. If you need visa for travel, do plan for that time too. Some places like India may give visa in a week, or in a month, or .... backtrack from travel date and count the processing time for passport + visa + 1-2 weeks buffer if you are looking at multi-week visa processing countries.

Passport is just one part of the travel requirements. If you need visa for travel, do plan for that time too. Some places like India may give visa in a week, or in a month, or .... backtrack from travel date and count the processing time for passport + visa + 1-2 weeks buffer if you are looking at multi-week visa processing countries.
True. The OP may just go with the expedited processing just in case even if he has a lot of time. The bottom line is that the Dept of State will not issue him the same-day passport if his travel is in two months, even if he requires a visa.

We must not forget the Renunciation of Indian citizenship procedure as well as it can be time consuming with an agency called Travisa.

We must not forget the Renunciation of Indian citizenship procedure as well as it can be time consuming with an agency called Travisa.
That is if the OP is Indian. However, he/she did not indicate anywhere that he/she was of Indian descent. But then again, if he/she was Indian and needed the renunciation certificate + visa, it would still not be enough to convince the passport office to issue the same day (or 2,3-day) passport given that the travel would occur 2+ months later.