RTD renew

Tim Zheng

Registered Users (C)
I got my RTD last April. I\'m planing a trip abroad next May so I need a new RTD. Do I need to attach my present RTD with my new application? Since my RTD is still valid now. But it will expire by April.

Tim

Just send what they request

No need to send expired or current RTD, just whatever they request. I am already on my 4th RTD, they never inquire about previous one.

No Title

Thanks for the information. INS forms are confusing. The instruction for 131 talks about not issuing RTD if you already have a valid one. And on 131 itself they ask if you already have one and ask you to choose attach it or explain that it has been lost.

Tim

No Title

Annv,

Just out of curiosity, does anywhere in the RTD state that the asylee is under the protection of the US Government? I mean if some foreign government harass the RTD holder while in overseas he/she can call US Embassy for assistance.

Thanks

No Title

No, nothing about protection. But this time they stamp my white card as indefinite. Last May they stamp it for 1 year expiration.
BTW, if I have SSN card without mark and valid passport with white card stating, that employment authorized, do I need an EAD?

No Title

Thanks for answering my question. To this day I don\'t even know what a RTD looks like because I\'m too concerned to travel abroad, especially right now.
Is RTD about the same size as a passport? I know it is white color. Does it bear the US National Emblem (the big eagle stamp) on the cover?

Regarding your question about the EAD, we just opened up a broad discussion forum on this subject. So check in that forum.

Thanks

No Title

My RTD is not white. The cover is in light blue. It is the same size and the paper feels the same as a passport. I never see one but I think the reentry permit is white.

Yes it bears the US Emblem.

No Title

Thanks for the info.
What sucks about the RTD is that some countries refuse to issue Visa to RTD holders. I think Nepal is one of those countries from what I read in here a while back. It would be nice if we can compile a list of "rogue countries" that doesn\'t issue visa to RTD holders. oh and BTW, may their governments get overthrown like the Taliban in Afghan. hehe just my wish.