RTD in 45 days!!!

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
I applied for a RTD on May 24th and recevied it in 4 months. I applied it using the us mail process but the BCIS started the online process and my sister applied for hers on August 15th through ONLINE. She paid online, got her receipt number and then sent her photos and other evidence in the mail.

She recived it in 45 days!!..she has her rtd in hand now..i waited 4 months..she waited 45 days...I don't know whats the deal with that..?I would recommend everyone to do online application.

Man!!! that's good news ,I applied on line 38 days ago and I was thinking about sending a letter to speed it up but now I may gone be lucky and get it sooner.That is fantastic.But one thing is she an Asylee?

Gebre

Yes she is an asylee. What diff does it make if she is an asylee or PR? if she gets the same doc..itgoes through teh same process...?

Thanks,what I meant is if she gets her GC through marriage and applied for Travel document she may get it faster.

Gebre

The dates ARE different, aren't they

The dates that the INS website posts are different between Asylee,Refugee and PR, right?
For example , the current processing dates for an asylee applying for RTD is different than the date for a PR applying for the same....
I think mine REALLY took a long time. I applied very beginning of Jan, Receipt Date Jan13 and received it Beggining of Aug....It took me FOREVER!

You need to know this, ONLY REFUGEES and ASYLEES can get refugee travel documents...other permanent residents get Reentry permit. Their processing time is different because ofcourse there is more PR's than Asylee/Refugees....

To wantmygcnow:
Your sister applied on Aug 15 online and already got the RTD? Wow!
I applied online on Aug 06 and have not got the RTD yet.

Could you ask your sister, whether she ever got the "printed notice" by mail?

I could look at my online case status online but I never got the "printed notice" that CIS supposedly mailed to me.

Good for your sis, by the way! Congrats! That was QUICK!

Lee_haircut5

She lives with me. She NEVER got printed notice..she got her LIN# when she applied online..actually We did it together cuz I was curious how it works..she didn't care for how long it takes so we did a test..! It worked..or maybe the immigration officer liked how she looked like...Another option would be every Asylee to dress up as a girl(man or woman) and send their pics..

Btw her picture was of the passport kind..face straight..instead of other pics they asked before

Wantmygcnow,
Did the online case status change for your sis after or prior to her receiving the actual RTD in hand?

Hmm.... I am in bad shape then b/c my pic didn't look like a girlie pic... :))

Gracias,
Lee_haircut5

My brother applied for RTD on July 15th and sent the pictures etc in the mail.
Received the LIN # online. Never received the Paper Notice of Action with LIN # etc and is still waiting... I will post with the progress...at the moment still waiting.....