RTD + GC = No Visa required for Switzerland

Alex_e38

Registered Users (C)
I've just come back from Switzerland yesterday. I went with RTD and GC. The officer at Zurich airport wasn't aware of the new rule that allows GC holder with RTD to enter without visa so I showed him the page I printed out from their embassy's Web site. He left to check with someone and came back after few minutes and said that it is OK, they received a new release and I can enter freely. You have to present the GC even though in my RTD it states that I am a permanent resident. Yesterday, when I was leaving Switzerland, another officer was just supprised that I didn't get an entry stamp in my RTD, but then again he did not stamp it either, so I basically entered and left Switzerland with no stamps in RTD.

When I arrived at Miami airport, the immigration officer was wandering why am I using RTD now that I am a permanent resident, but made no issues about it.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Alex_e38 said:
I've just come back from Switzerland yesterday. I went with RTD and GC. The officer at Zurich airport wasn't aware of the new rule that allows GC holder with RTD to enter without visa so I showed him the page I printed out from their embassy's Web site. He left to check with someone and came back after few minutes and said that it is OK, they received a new release and I can enter freely. You have to present the GC even though in my RTD it states that I am a permanent resident. Yesterday, when I was leaving Switzerland, another officer was just supprised that I didn't get an entry stamp in my RTD, but then again he did not stamp it either, so I basically entered and left Switzerland with no stamps in RTD.

When I arrived at Miami airport, the immigration officer was wandering why am I using RTD now that I am a permanent resident, but made no issues about it.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

When I went to Switzerland in December the officer in Zurich just took my NP, put something into his computer and let me in even without looking at my GC. I assume that they've already got info from JFK airline's that I was on the flight.

information

can i get the link...from the switzerland embassy? asbout RTD thank you so much

Schengen Visa might change this

I too went in Swizerland last month with RTD + GC. I did not have any issue going there or coming back here. From what I understood, this is going to change next year because Swizerland is joinging the Schengen visa soon. If that is the case then you will have to get the visa.