RTD Finally Received!!

ASSYLEE

Registered Users (C)
I applied for an RTD in November of 2007. I needed it for a trip that I was planning on making this summer to Sweden and France. The further delaying of the processing times was very disheartening but I decided to apply for expedited service in June. With the help of my company, I sent them a letter on their behalf citing financial diffiiculty if I don't receive my document (ie. I will lose my job and/or they will lose business in Europe if I don't get to travel. This was actually true since I will be working for a client in Europe) I sent the documentation to USCIS with a cover letter and received a Request for Further Evidence (RFE) after three weeks.

The RFE was for two passport style pictures, which I submitted overnight with a return Express Mail paid envelope. Two weeks later (TODAY) I received my Refugee Travel Document!! I did not have to go for any biometrics. So it looks like if you applied before the March price hike, you will received the document without the fingerprinting. If you applied after, you will obviously be subjected to the extra 85 bucks plus the fingerprinting. I guess it means I'll be spending some time for seconday at my Point of Entry... :) Good times!!! Anyway, thought I would share some good news (FINALLY) with you guys.

(RTD Valid for one year....and yes..I KNOW I KNOW it SHOULD be valid for 69 YEARS and not just one and I should write my congressman/senator.)