RFE Tracker

NSCTX

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

please enter your RFE applied date and approved date.. I would like to get an estimate how many weeks it is taking to complete i-140 with RFE.

This would helpful for all of us..

----------
i-140/485 EB2 Nov 2004
RFE 05/05/05
Education (missing transcripts)
Experience (Progressive)
Ability to pay
Still preparing documents.

sriram1975 Experience

Sriram,

Could you please let me know how do you answer your RFE on your experience? I've got progressive exp. RFE.

Are you keeping entire Job descriptions in to experience letters? I'm worried that my X-company may not give the letter the way we want.. in that case is any other alternate approach?

Please let me know..

you can send me an email to msntx050505@yahoo.com?

Thanks!

Missing Transcripts

Hi NSCTX,

What do u think we should do for 'Missing Transcripts'.
I got a similar Rfe. Infact I put all my marksheets etc.
But we did not put evaluation. Look like they got confused.
They requested for Educational Evaluation. That i can get.
but in addition they wrote
"In addition, you must submit official trnascripts listing the courses completed, hours completed,dates completed and the posting of the degress"

I did not understand what they mean by this. My university has yearly examination system. They won't list hours completed. Also, what they mean by 'official transcripts'

thanks

NSCTX said:
Sriram,

Could you please let me know how do you answer your RFE on your experience? I've got progressive exp. RFE.

Are you keeping entire Job descriptions in to experience letters? I'm worried that my X-company may not give the letter the way we want.. in that case is any other alternate approach?

Please let me know..

you can send me an email to msntx050505@yahoo.com?

Thanks!

My earlier job description letters were about half a page. I expanded it to list down my exp in software training, various tools used, prog languages known and a break down of all my projects that I worked with while working with that employer. Hopefully it should be alright. I sent the word doc to my ex employer and asked them to make changes if necessary. If you ask them to write it, usually they wont bother putting more than 10 mins. So you draft a letter and ask them to make changes and then print it it in official letter head and mail it.

If you have original transcripts, go to a notary public and get the copies attested and then mail it along with your educational eval by some company like Trustforte, WES etc. and send it.

NSC04Filer said:
Hi NSCTX,

What do u think we should do for 'Missing Transcripts'.
I got a similar Rfe. Infact I put all my marksheets etc.
But we did not put evaluation. Look like they got confused.
They requested for Educational Evaluation. That i can get.
but in addition they wrote
"In addition, you must submit official trnascripts listing the courses completed, hours completed,dates completed and the posting of the degress"

I did not understand what they mean by this. My university has yearly examination system. They won't list hours completed. Also, what they mean by 'official transcripts'

thanks

Original Transcripts

I've got yearly transcripts (mark lists)...

My dates are like this

1988-89 First year of Engineering
1989-90 Second Year
1990-91 Third Year
1991-92 Final year

I've completed all my 1st eng. subjects in 2nd year.. So my transcript says I've completed in 1990...similarly I've completed 2nd/3rd year subjects in 1991
..and final year on 92.
I think officer might confused to see year 90 once and 91 twice..

So I'm planning to write a document about how to read the mark lists and Notarized every mark list and keep in a order of years.

Along with I've made one word doc page for one year and listed all subjects and added the details in a word doc table..and mentioned cleared all subjects..next to this doc. i've attached copy of mark list.. so this way the officer can see year subject details/copy marks list. (I done for 4 years like this). Also, i'm planning to add introduction letter (still drafting) and would ask my attorney to check for english/wording.

Also, I re-evaluated with Trust Forte clearly saying that I've compelted 4 years degree.

With all information I've, I'm making a file of documents...

Lets see... how it goes.. if any one have any suggestions please let me know.

Today, I received E-mail about RFE on my I-140. Will keep you posted once my lawyer receives more detail.

My RFE

This is what the INS wants:

"Please submit a letter offering the alien tenure track teaching position in the alien's academic field"

My lawyer said they seem to be confused with the category I filed. And he is planning on the following response signed by Chair of my department and the Dean on the university letter head.

Dear Sir or Madam:

This will confirm the University’s offer of employment to XXXXX in the position of Instructor, Computer Science. This position is permanent and full-time and the University seeks Mr. Siva’s services to fill the position. The yearly salary is $XXXXX.

All of the terms of the employment petition filed for Mr. Siva continue to exist.

Sincerely,

Signature of Chair & Dean
My position is non-tenured track. And this is very common in universities. I have a bachelors degree and MS both from the US.

Is this response enough? My lawyer is ONLY attaching this letter from the university and nothing else.

Need Help on RFE - Experience Letters

My Lawyer got a RFE letter from USCIS about the Experience Letters.

I really need a help and please attach any sample letters that you have.

Here is the actual RFE:

"Submit evidence that the alien obtained the required experience in the job offered or related occupation before May, 2003. Evidence of experience must be in the form of letter(s) from current or former employer(s) giving the name, address, and title of the employer and a description of the experience of the alien, including specific dates of the employment and specific duties.submission of you experience letters"

If anybody got this kind of query and how practically you solved this. I appreciate your quick response on this.

Did everybody get RFE email message like this..

Hi Guys,
I got RFE on my 140. The email message says:

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On May 19, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or
information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional
material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is
required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Blah blah..

Is this a standard message?

Thanks
KK

luckyandcurious

You need to prepare effective Experience letter showing your experience as progressive..

If you work for 3 companies.. your job duties should raise in each company ..ex. from Developer to Tester to Implementor to Tech Lead to System admin to Database admin to Documentation to Project Plan to Status Report to Technical Architect to Subject Matter Expert to Software project management....

Try to keep some Key words in each experience letter and show your job duties has been raised. I know it's difficult to get these letters unless if you had good relation with Previous employer.. Generally Desi companies does not mind giving letter .... Need to Bend little bit and call them "SIR" "SIR"..

If your company does not exist, then you need to get from Collegue or any one who knew you at that time.... I dont know..weather USCIS verify the letters or not.. better keep genuine.

I-140 RFE - Experience Letters - Help Please

Hi NSCTX,

Thank you very much for your valuable advice.

Mine is filed under EB2 category, is everybody getting this kind of RFEs or only with substitute labor (I don't know mine).

I would appreciate if anybody can send me a sample experience letter for this kind of RFE.

NSCTX said:
You need to prepare effective Experience letter showing your experience as progressive..

If you work for 3 companies.. your job duties should raise in each company ..ex. from Developer to Tester to Implementor to Tech Lead to System admin to Database admin to Documentation to Project Plan to Status Report to Technical Architect to Subject Matter Expert to Software project management....

Try to keep some Key words in each experience letter and show your job duties has been raised. I know it's difficult to get these letters unless if you had good relation with Previous employer.. Generally Desi companies does not mind giving letter .... Need to Bend little bit and call them "SIR" "SIR"..

If your company does not exist, then you need to get from Collegue or any one who knew you at that time.... I dont know..weather USCIS verify the letters or not.. better keep genuine.

Hi, How long would it take to get the RFE letter once issued? who would get the copies of RFE letter?

My RFE is issued on 5/18 and my lawyer did not received any letter yet.

rak1974 said:
Hi, How long would it take to get the RFE letter once issued? who would get the copies of RFE letter?

My RFE is issued on 5/18 and my lawyer did not received any letter yet.

RFE notice takes around 7 to 10 days to recieve.

After my 140 RFE was received on May 20, there is an LUD with the date 05/25/05. Does this mean they are working on my response and can expect a decision soon? Or wishful thinking? :confused:

sriram1975 said:
After my 140 RFE was received on May 20, there is an LUD with the date 05/25/05. Does this mean they are working on my response and can expect a decision soon? Or wishful thinking? :confused:

Well, with NSC anything is possible. Honeysusu's I-140 was approved in 5 days. It's just the matter of luck. Or may be they assigned your case to appropiate officer.

I agee, mine was not approved yet after one month, but based on my observation, as long as you are on the average luck, you will approved within 2 weeks.

I am out of average, as always.