RFE status not updated.

jackmike

Registered Users (C)
hi all

Recently i have received an RFE for 485 for employement letter which i have sent to my attorney and he clains to have sent that to USCIS on the 26th of JULY. But till now the status on the website is not updated? it still says that they have sent me an RFE...is this common or is this something to worry about?

Usually it is updated with "We received your response to our request for evidence ..." within a week of sending the response. I would call USCIS and inquire about it. In case RFE did not reach USCIS then the case will be considered as "Abondoned" (it was stated in the RFE notice that I received from USCIS).

So better follow up with USCIS, it might turn out to be as simple as online status not updated, or could be something else too.

Today i have called the national customer service center and what they are saying is that no update on the website does not mean that the response is not received. It could as well be that the information is not processed yet. But she was not giving me any more info.

United states can you please comment on this?

Make sure that your lawyer used the specially marked envelope that was mailed with the RFE letter and that he also included the cover letter that came with the RFE.

The envelope tells the mail people that they received an RFE reply and the cover letter has a barcode that identifies your case number so that your reply is merged with the rest of your case files.

I have talked to the lawyer ans he says he has done it the same way. Now, is there any way to make sure that the reply has reached them?