RFE: Special Mailing Envelope??

ari4u

Registered Users (C)
I got an RFE for my birth certificate and i am now responding to it. On the USCIS website, i was reading instructions on how to respond to an RFE and i came across this section.

NOTE: IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT THE LETTER REQUESTING EVIDENCE BE RETURNED WITH THE EVIDENCE AND THAT THE SPECIAL MAILING ENVELOPE PROVIDED BE USED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF THE CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL DUE TO ABANDONMENT. Evidence submitted without the letter and/or proper return mailing envelope will be difficult to match up with the pending case and may be treated as general correspondence.

Now, i have the yellow RFE letter which i will include, but i did not get any special mailing envelope from USCIS. Also, the RFE letter does not mention anything regarding an envelope and only asks to include the letter with the requested evidence. Those of you here who got an RFE, did you get this special envelope? Those of you who dint, how did you go about this?
:confused: :confused:

Appreciate your feedback

I was trying to retrieve some info from the internet and nothing about an "envelope" came back.
Good luck Ari4u!

cherr1980 said:
I was trying to retrieve some info from the internet and nothing about an "envelope" came back.
Good luck Ari4u!

:)
This is where i read it.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm

Im going to use a standard Fedex envelope and write in bold outside..."Response to Request for Evidence". Dont know if that is the correct method and Im not sure if i would have a way of knowing if my mail was considered as an RFE or general correspondence as my online updates suck and so does customer support... :rolleyes:

sanjanar2001 said:
Hi ari4u..can you tell us what is the RFE about BC? Do u have original BC or affidavit.Thank you

I did not have a birth certificate so i submitted affidavits from parents and relatives. I got an RFE which asked me to submit my birth certificate, and upon calling USCIS, i was told that affidavits for non availability should be accompanied by a Non-Availability Certificate from the local civil authorities to prove my birth was not registered.

ari4u said:
I got an RFE for my birth certificate and i am now responding to it. On the USCIS website, i was reading instructions on how to respond to an RFE and i came across this section.

NOTE: IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT THE LETTER REQUESTING EVIDENCE BE RETURNED WITH THE EVIDENCE AND THAT THE SPECIAL MAILING ENVELOPE PROVIDED BE USED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF THE CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL DUE TO ABANDONMENT. Evidence submitted without the letter and/or proper return mailing envelope will be difficult to match up with the pending case and may be treated as general correspondence.

Now, i have the yellow RFE letter which i will include, but i did not get any special mailing envelope from USCIS. Also, the RFE letter does not mention anything regarding an envelope and only asks to include the letter with the requested evidence. Those of you here who got an RFE, did you get this special envelope? Those of you who dint, how did you go about this?
:confused: :confused:

Appreciate your feedback
I had RFE for BC and I responded using a very ordinary envelope i did enclose the yellow letter but kept a copy for myself,they have since received it and resumed processing my application. However sometimes when they require a bulk of evidence they enclose an envelope for your use(a friend of mine had one)

Hello. I just received an RFE and sure enough they included a white envelope. It's nothing special and I don't see why I have to use the provided envelope. In fact, there is probably no way that it will all fit into that provide envelope. Any issues with not using the provided envelope but making sure I send it to the correct address and include ALL necessary forms, including the RFE?

Thanks

I remember reading somewhere that envelopes should be very clearly marked as RFE and should contain the A# or Receipt Numbers. That way its easier to tag the RFE to a specific file. I would also include a cover letter. Best of Luck.

Thank you Sakshisrivastav - I am planning to write exactly what's written on the RFE reply envelope. Which by the way, doesn't include receipt or alien number but ATTN: RFE

Congratulations!!! You have helped many people I am sure with your knowledge in immigration matters. Its funny how much people learn going through all of this. Now when people talk to me about immigration I ended up with this wealth of knowledge that a year ago I didnt have a clue about.