RFE: Reply around May. Any updates

No Title

I checked last evening around 5pm and AVM not updated.
My reply for W2s and pay stubs was sent on May 11th.

I\'ll try again this Evening.

After change in AVM, it takes 3 weeks for you to receive the final approval. It may be less or more but we are almost there.

Hang on friends...

No Title

Hey Rajesh08,

My RFE was also replied on May 11th and it reached INS on May 12th (per USPS tracking). And my reply is also for W2s and Paystubs.

Let me know when you know of any progress.

Ravi

No Title

Anybody knows the process after AVM gets updated for RFE?
What` s the next step the INS officer does?
Usually how long it takes for a decision?
Does RFE cases end up in interview?

Thanks

No Title

By looking at similar cases in Ciba\'s database, there is a reasonably clear pattern - the AVM gets updated about 2 months from the date the reply is sent, and some approvals (not all) have happened about a month after the AVM update. So - looks like it is a fair guess that an RFE means that the approval is a minimum of 3 months away from that date.

My RFE was sent on May 25th, replied on June 11th - so I am not going to even check the AVM till August 11th!

No Title

Hi

Just checked the AVM message and it was updated to indicate that
RFE was received today 6/21 and then the usual 999 days

EB3 (India)
PD: 9/97
ND: 9/99
FP: 1/01
I-140 EB2 approved 4/17 and filed amendment for I-485
RFE: 4/26/01
RFE reply: 5/08/01 (sent by Fedex)

- Mouli

No Title

Ravi0598, Update as soon as you hear something.

I\'ll also update as soon as I hear something from AVM

No Title

My Lawyer called IIO on Thursday to check my status after RFE. IIO has told her that there is a 2 month backlog and I should hear any thing after a months time and before 2 months.

RFE Received by INS on 6/4, sent on 4/23.

No Title

Mine is a strange case - my RFE was for a copy of I-407 - which is the form that I got when I surrendered my green card two years back.

No Title

RFE...Anyone knows what is happening with RFE approvals.

If anyone gets approval kindly update the site

No Title

Rajesh,

No update for me in AVM yet. RFE for W2s and paystubs replied on May 11th.

Is it allowed to fax RFE replies? If yes, what is the fax number?

And is it mentioned in any INS docs that you can fax RFE replies.

Thanks

No Title

You can ask your lawyer to fax the RFE reply. This is just to make sure that if the original RFE reply is misplaced they get this. I don\'t know the details of what and where the faxes were sent but your lawyer should know.

Looks like both of our cases are pretty close in dates and may be with same officer or same department. When are your 6 months getting over?

No Title

If you meant 6 months from I-485 RD/ND- its been 612 days today since I filed my 485 in Oct 99. My PD is 5/98 in EB3 and I did FPs twice (7/00 and 1/01).

Yes, yours and my case and very close. Hope we get approval together and soon.

Ravi