Rfe On Spouce I-485

ram0623

Registered Users (C)
Receipt Number: LINxxxxxx

Application Type:[/B] I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On June 18, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

Guys,
to my suprise, I have seen my wife's status as mentione above this morning. does anyone are in the same situation or have any RFE on I-485. if yes, or if you know, can you let me know please, what they are asking or usually what they will ask in this kind of situation. do i need to worry about anything.
I am little bit tense and your response is greatly appreciated.

Note: my I-485 status show: Card production ordered.

First off, congrats on your GC. Enjoy.
Second, if you are the primary, no need to worry. Your wife will get approved. It'll only take a little longer.
Third, an RFE is just that. They're processing stuff and realize that they need more docs. That's about it.
Don't get tense. They're not out to get you. Chill and relax. Wait for the RFE notice and see what they're asking for and send it to them. Follow up later and that's about it.
You only need to get tense if you're involved in fraud. If everything is above board, it's just paperwork.

Congrats.

The most popular - medical
The second - status proof for the certain period
The third - Marriage proof
any other reasons (photo picture, they lost something, signature is done by the wrong ink.)

In case of my wife they asked her to do X-Ray

The worst thing in those RFEs for spouses is wasting time and money (if it is medical).

Last edited by a moderator:
does anybody had any (new) RFE for their spouse. if any?...can you please let me know that they are asking lately. I havent received my wife's RFE yet.

Hi Ram,

my husband (main applicant) and I (dependent) had an RFE in May. It was only for me, and it asked for further proof of 2 things:
1- my birth and parentage (they wanted documents other than my birth certificate)
2- Marriage (they wanted us to send rental agreements, wedding photos, joint bank account info etc to show that ours was not a marriage of convenience)

Many of the ppl I know have received RFEs. It's quite normal and it only indicates that they need some clarification on a specific portion of your case.

Thanks for your response. hope you will get your GC soon. I havent received RFE yet. but will update the forum after I get it.

Denebolina,
we recieve RFE today for my wife to prove that, over marriage is bona fide. asking for all the documents. did you guys send yours and can you list them which may help me. and can you update your status.
thanks

Denebolina,
we recieve RFE today for my wife to prove that, over marriage is bona fide. asking for all the documents. did you guys send yours and can you list them which may help me. and can you update your status.
thanks

What they want is evidence that you and your wife have a real married life together. People normally submit pictures showing vacations or family gatherings. The more different kind of pictures you submit, the better. You should also submit any document having both you and your wife's name, such as car and housing leases, mortgages, statements from joint bank accounts that actually have money in them, credit card statements, utility bills, life insurance policies, medical insurance plans, retirement plans, etc.

Denebolina,
thanks

Did you submit the Marriage certificate along spouse application?

Marriage certificate, Marriage photos, Bank statements, Leasing agreements, Health Insurance papers.
Submit documents to show that you are together since the marriage.

Thanks guys. we are planning to submit RFE response next monday. will update the forum, once I recieve the response from USCIS.

MY attorney sending documents for RFE to USCIS today, should reach USCIS tomorrow. I am expecting to get approval in a week. will update you guys.
we submited following for I-485 RFE for my wife:
1.last year tax returns
2.home lease documents.
3.health insurance
4.car insurance
5.marriage certificate (we already submitted this earlier though!!).
6.marriage invitation card.
7.marriage photos.

My husband who is the primary got email saying card production ordered on July 1st and email saying I-485 approved on July 3rd. I am the secondary. I havent seen anything yet. We both had our interview at the local office back in Nov 05. Does someone have a similar experience? Or any suggestions?

Thanks.

My husband who is the primary got email saying card production ordered on July 1st and email saying I-485 approved on July 3rd. I am the secondary. I havent seen anything yet. We both had our interview at the local office back in Nov 05. Does someone have a similar experience? Or any suggestions?

Thanks.

In most cases, the primary and derivatives approved close to each others (days to few weeks). Few others there is gap betrween their approval which could be extended to years.

Guys,
As I already told in my earlier(Above) post that I have submitted RFE request for my wife on July 02 2008, today July 08 2008 I have seen below status on USCIS website.
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

this is really a good news for us. I hope, everybody get their approvals soon and good luck to everyone.

thanks for each and everybody in the forum. appreciate it.

Thanks.

I got an email from CRIS saying:

"Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred."

Anyone had a similar experience with the process for their dependents? Can you suggest what I can expect in the coming days.

Thanks