RFE on H1B first time

maxchirkov

Registered Users (C)
They received RFE back from us on July 9th, 2003 - now its already more then 4 weeks. Petition filed on Dec.19th, 2002 - it's already taking almost 8 months.. :(

Is anybody here who got any answeres on their RFE (H1B fo the first time)? And how long it took? I see that for the transferes it takes around 4 weeks now...

I am also waiting for REF reply.....

BCIS had recived REF reply on Aug 04 its been almost 2 weeks I have't recived any thing yet. I did talk to my attorny, as per them it will take 3-4 weeks.

Mine is a transfer, hope for the best.

It's gonna be 6 weeks tomorrow since they received the RFE back... my employer called the BCIS and they sayed that we have an option to pay additionad $1000 for the Express Processing which is 15 days (the whole thing is already taking 8 months) - I don't know if I wanna do that, because I was waiting so long... it would make more sense to pay at the beginning...

Hi ahkhan,

unfortunately my case is on the same spot as far as I can see at the Online Status on the BCIS website :( It's alredy 7 weeks (since they receive RFE back) and more then 9 months snce I filed the petition. That sucks.. I'm getting frustrated more and more...

HI maxchirkov
what do you think is that better to go for $1000 and get it done before it get late?
as mine is in 4 th week now, if my case become same as yours then it would be worst situtaion as i have to go to india before december.

well, id you do have to go to India.. then dnon't risk waiting... In my case I don't have to go anywhere, but I don't have enough money and if I pay $1000 and they will decline the visa, I will be comepletely broke... because I can't work before I get my papers approved.

HI maxchirkov
I just saw on the web site, my case was approved today.

How about you? Good Luck.

ahkhan, Congratulations on your approval!

Well, mine hasn't change :( Hope it will change soon - and better for good. I guess it's faster when you have a transfer or extending your visa.

Glad yours worked out.

P.S. Did you do the Express Processing or just waited?

nice..

next Tuesday its gonna be 2 months since they received my RFE. on Sept. 19 it's gonna be 10 months for the whole processing time - I can't believe this shit.