RFE on H1 Transfer

rajiv_ksharma

Registered Users (C)
I got an RFE for documents(exp. letters) in my H1B transfer. Lawyer sent all the documents last month and the online message says the following.

"On June 19, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."

This transfer was filed in November,2002 and last week or May , I got it converted to the premium processing. But I dont know why they taking so long. I am in US for 5 years and this is my 3rd H1B.
Anybody having the same exp.

H1 Approved.

I checked the online status this morning and saw the good news. My H1 extension was approved yesterday and I should be getting the notice in the mail soon. It was filed at TSC on November 19,2002. So it took 8 months for the approval.

My H1B filing date is Feb 18, 2003. On July 25 I got RFE and today they had recived the reply from my attorny. But my attorny said it will take another 2 week to get approved.

Any Idea when should I expect my approval?

In my case it took more 4 weeks to get the approval after they received the reply for RFE. So you never know it could be anything from 2 week to more than 4 weeks.
good luck.

H-1 approval

I applied for a extension for my H-1 on feb 23rd, just today my lawyer informed me that he received the approval notice, good luck for those waiting.