RFE on EAD

Krishna Iyer

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got an RFE on EAD renewal (for I-140 approval proof) on June 16th, 2003.

Replied and now message says received response on July 10th, 2003

How much longer will it take for the approval? The center is NSC

Rgds,
Krishna

What documents they asked you?

Originally posted by Krishna Iyer
Hi,
I got an RFE on EAD renewal (for I-140 approval proof) on June 16th, 2003.

Replied and now message says received response on July 10th, 2003

How much longer will it take for the approval? The center is NSC

Rgds,
Krishna

My wife got the same RFE for her EAD renewal.

Our response recieved on June 29, EAD approved on July 12. Card recieved on July 17th

firesan,

can you post more details of you case.
And was urs COncurrent filing.
was ur 140 approved ....when???

Thnaks
Parshu

I think that an RFE adds a month to your case, could be longer is you take forever to reply to the rfe.

I recd the RFE letter sent by BCIS.

1)It is for 140 Approval notice.
2) Photo ID. the wordings are exactly like this
"Photo ID: Your APplication is missing docmuents establishing Identity. Be advised that if you submit black and white photocopies that do not clearly show your facial features and biographical information your case may be denied. It is recommended that you submit a COLOR photocopy(ies) slightly enlarged or the Originals of the documents listed below.
A CURRENT photo identity document sucha as a PASSPORT SHOWING YOUR PICTURE AND NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH. Or a driver's liscence or another type of photo id issued by a govt agency with the same information and/or fingerprint. The IDENTITY document photocopy must 'CLEARLY SHOW' the facial features of the applicant and the biological information.

I took the photocopy of the page of the passport which has the foto and information and the page whihc contains the VISA and I-94 all in color and enlarged.
Also Drivers; license enlarged (both sides in one page) color
and I-140 approval copy.

IS THE ABOVE information enough or should I put all the pages of the passport.

PLEASE HELP!!

Parshu

Parshu:
What is your service center?
Is this RENEWAL of EAD or first time EAD?

The documents from you side are enough to satisfy BCIS, copy of I-140, color copy of DL, color copy of Passport page that has photo or the pages of passport that have previous US visa

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginnu

Thanks for the reply...

My Service center is NSC.
First time EAD

Details (All NSC center but I live in NJ)
-------
485 RD 09/03/2002
ND 09/13/2002

140 Approved 11/05/2002

EAD RD 05/21/2003 (First EAD)
RFE 07/17/2003

My Lawyer received the RFE and she sent the photographs for me and my spouse. I received two EAD cards but my spouse is still waiting...

EAD - ND 4/11/03
RFE issued - 5/27/03
RFE rec'd bu BCIS - 6/10/03
Mine EAD: AD - 6/20/03
My spouse - ??

Yeah I called them to ask about the 90 day clock. They noted down all my information (address, email, day time phone #, etc.) as I am the primary applicant. They said it would take 30 days for the inquiry to take into effect. Unfortunately, Boston office will not issue an iEAD if the RFE's issued within the 90-day clock. I found this out from someone who had tried going to boston Office and also from my lawyer. My spouse's 90-day clock was reset on June 10.

ah well, be patient Jeremy is what I have learned... :)

Approved.

Hi,
Our status changed to

On July 23, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Any idea on when we may get the actual card?

EAD Renewal Details.

Center : NSC
RD : 03/26
ND : 03/28
Rfe : 06/16
Resp Recv : 07/10
AD : 07/23.

Rgds,
Krishna

Update

Guys,
The message changed today to

This case has been approved. On July 25, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

I think we should get the cards today or tommorrow.

Regards,
Krishna

Congrats Krishna.

still no word for my spouse. The online status says.. "On June 10, we received the additional information..."
no word. 90 day cycle that was resent on June 10 will reach on Sept 10.

patient J!

Hi ALL,

My EAD says Approved ........online status.

Back ground:-
RD ND 05/21/2003
RFE 07/17/2003 (140 approval copy and Photo id)
RFE replied 07/24/2003 . Status changed on june 25th saying rcd by INS on 07/25/2003
Now it says Approved on 07/30/2003.

For RFE I sent..
140 approval copy,
Drivers's license color enlarged copy (enlarged 115%) at kinkos
Passport just ID page same color same as above
H-1 Visa Stamp Page. same as above

Mailed by me and not by lawyer.

Thanks all
Parshu