RFE on EAD and Changing jobs - Please Adivice

neocor

Registered Users (C)
Friends, Experts,

Need your help and advice regarding the following situation with a friend of mine with his EAD renewal.

- Filed for EAD renewal last month just in time so that he still has 120 days remaining on the current EAD.
- Received an RFE on the EAD to provide the Biometrics again, which was duly provided.
- Received another RFE just a few days back with the same request to provide the Biometrics again. This time a advisory note recommending to "keep the employer status current".
- The 140 is clear and its been past 180 days since the 485 was filed.
- Got a offer from another company and scheduled to join in the next 10 days.

Now you see the problems? The following things need to be clarified.

1. Is it safe to change the job at this time. The AC21 rule clearly allows him to do that.

2. What does the recommendation note mean in the RFE? Does it mean to keep your current employer (i.e. don't change employer) or does it mean keep yourself employed in a company consistent with the profile in the GC application.

3. How does he get an interim EAD in case the new EAD does not arrive before the current one expires.

4. He needs to relocate to a new city with the new job, can he change the location where he can give his biometrics to fulfill this RFE? Does he need to go at the same date to the same place as specified in the communication from the INS about the Biometrics appointment, or can he just show up one day (before the appointment date) at a different location and get the biometrics done?

Experts please give your opinion and advice. I have answers for these questions myself but my information is outdated by more than a year.

Neo