RFE on EAD after I-485 approved

avi_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

My 485 got approved last week and also got the approval notice yesterday in mail. Today I see that they sent an RFE on my pending EAD application.
Has anyone been in the same situation?

I hope they just say that this EAD application is denied because I-485 is already approved..

thanks
avi_gc

That will be notice saying that "We can't process your EAD because your 485 approved", my friend had same situvation and he got that message.

Thanks sannams. Did you get the card or the approval notice. I got the approval notice yesterday

avi_gc,

If they denied it, the message would say "Document Mailed" or something, but if it specifically says RFE then its an RFE. I sent two application by mistake to my EAD renewal and my second application status said "Document Mailed" rather than RFE. The document mentioned that they are denied it because the other application was approved.

Since your 485 is approved, even if its an RFE, you dont need to respond. Is this assumtion right? because I might have the same situation for my AP and wife's EAD renewal.

avi_gc, did the online message say RFE sent, if its ok, pls can you paste the message, looks like even i would get the RFE on pending EAD, LUD is changing every day from past three days.I did not get the physical card yet.

here is the text

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On August 13, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

those jokers are clueless, I cant believe ab organization this size and so critical to the most powerful nation is so screwed up.

"Chirag tale andhera"

english translation: "total darkness underneath the lamp"

But you dont have to worry about this silly RFE

Did anyone get the card yet. I was expecting it yesterday, but no luck. I have seen a couple of guys who got card mailed email on 08/10 and received the card on 08/13. How long does it take normally to get the card..

avi_gc,

No card yet , but yesterday my message changed from "welcome notice sent " to "Approval notice sent" and i have LUD again today. I have luds everyday since approval day.

cloud9,
Are you getting any LUD's on your 485? Also did you get the approval notice ? I got the approval notice on Monday.

Finally (I hope so!) the journey is over. Received cards for me and my spouse in mail today.

Thank you everyone and Best of Luck! I am sure all of you will get your approvals soon.

Take care
avi_gc

avi_gc,

Congratulations once again and enjoy your freedom and all the best for your future life ahead, it was nice to be with you on this beautifull forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

My 485 got approved last week and also got the approval notice yesterday in mail. Today I see that they sent an RFE on my pending EAD application.
Has anyone been in the same situation?

I hope they just say that this EAD application is denied because I-485 is already approved..

thanks
avi_gc

Maybe it is the refund check for the EAD!

Thanks sannams.. I am sure you will get your card by this weekend.

avi_gc,

Congratulations once again and enjoy your freedom and all the best for your feature life ahead, it was nice to be with you on this beautifull forum.