RFE on Birth Certificate: South Indian Name with initials

svi2009

Hi All,

Any responses to this will be greatly appreciated. I am from south India and am facing the following issue:

My name in birth certificate is X.Y.Aaaaaa Bbbbbb
But my name in passport and I485 application is expanded as Surname: Xxxxxxxxxx Yyyyyyy Given Name: Zzzzzzz Aaaaaa Bbbbbb.
When my name got expanded during the passport application process, because of the space limitation in the passport application at that time, part of my expanded surname name (Zzzzzzz) became part of the given name.

RFE says:

"
Your application indicates your name as:
Surname: Xxxxxxxxxx Yyyyyyy Given Name: Zzzzzzz Aaaaaa Bbbbbb
Birth certificate submitted indicates the name of the child as:
Surname: X.Y.Aaaaaa Bbbbbb

If your correct name is not X.Y.Aaaaaa Bbbbbb submit a copy of your birth certificate showing your parentage, which has been registered with proper civil authorities of the country of your birth.

If you need to submit secondary evidence of your birth date and marriage, please note: Secondary Evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility and may take the form of historical evidence issued at the time of documented event.Such evidence may include but not limited to medical records, school records and religious documents. Affidavits may also be accepted, provided that they are sworn to by persons who were alive at the time and have personal knowledge of the event to which they attest. "

I am thinking that I can provide School Records and Affidavits from Parents and also provide a letter explaining the South Indian traditional names. Will it help.

It will be great if anybody faced this situation reply to this on how they handled this.

Thanks,

Immediately go to your local authorities in birth place, apply for new birth cirtificate with the name you want, provide proof of Passport ( which has full name )....

I am sure they will give birth certificate in two days....

You have a couple of options here.
1. As you might be aware, getting another birth certificate from India, is quite easy. This time, just have them mention your first name and last name.

2. Write up an affidavit, approach an Indian consulate with your passport and get the affidavit signed. They will also write in one of the blank pages of the passport about the different names that you bear.

Do either one of these (or both), write a clear, concise and to the point letter, and send it in as the response to the RFE.

Although I did not get an RFE in this context, I have 3 middle names, and those three along with my Sur/Last name and my First/Given name were shuffled around in various combinations, by attorneys, uscis, etc. When ever I do my paperwork, I go through the hassle of including a letter with all the legal names ever used on my behalf. Just to keep the skies clear. In most forms, "alternative names" field is also helpful.

Dont worry, its a simple RFE, and once you provide the necessary docs, they will be satisfied.

I submitted affidavits from both of my parents which included both the names (The one in Birth Certificate and the one in Passport) along with an explanation letter stating the practice of the South Indian initial system. Hope it is acceptable to USCIS.

Hi All,

Any responses to this will be greatly appreciated. I am from south India and am facing the following issue:

My name in birth certificate is X.Y.Aaaaaa Bbbbbb
But my name in passport and I485 application is expanded as Surname: Xxxxxxxxxx Yyyyyyy Given Name: Zzzzzzz Aaaaaa Bbbbbb.
When my name got expanded during the passport application process, because of the space limitation in the passport application at that time, part of my expanded surname name (Zzzzzzz) became part of the given name.

RFE says:

"
Your application indicates your name as:
Surname: Xxxxxxxxxx Yyyyyyy Given Name: Zzzzzzz Aaaaaa Bbbbbb
Birth certificate submitted indicates the name of the child as:
Surname: X.Y.Aaaaaa Bbbbbb

If your correct name is not X.Y.Aaaaaa Bbbbbb submit a copy of your birth certificate showing your parentage, which has been registered with proper civil authorities of the country of your birth.

If you need to submit secondary evidence of your birth date and marriage, please note: Secondary Evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility and may take the form of historical evidence issued at the time of documented event.Such evidence may include but not limited to medical records, school records and religious documents. Affidavits may also be accepted, provided that they are sworn to by persons who were alive at the time and have personal knowledge of the event to which they attest. "

I am thinking that I can provide School Records and Affidavits from Parents and also provide a letter explaining the South Indian traditional names. Will it help.

It will be great if anybody faced this situation reply to this on how they handled this.

Thanks,
I found your post on this website, Were you able to get the affidavit signed by the Indian consulate and get it added to your passport as well. Please help, I am in a critical situation...I need the sample template