RFE on Birth Certificate & Medicals

KVSK

Registered Users (C)
Gurus:
Received RFE on Birth Certificate & Medicals for primary & dependent.
(We have submitted Birth Certificate which was registered in 2003 when applied for I-485)

RFE consist of: The birth certificate submitted is not acceptable because it was registered so long after the actual birth.
Submit a copy of birth certificate showing parentage, which has been registered with proper civil authorities of the country of your birth,
In accordance with title 22, code of federal regulations, Part 42.65(b), a record of birth is required for an immigrant visa,
A record birth means a certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and parentage of the alien, based upon the original registration.

For Birth certificate - what do I need to submit? Please suggest /help me in this, affidavits from parents & notarizing it, will that be enough or does I need more documents. Please send me your suggestions

Medical: I 693 form missing required information (It’s a Sealed envelop, so I have to wait until the doctor open the envelop and verify what’s missing)

Thanks

According to my knowledge in US/Canada birth registration is a long form of birth certificate with more information than just the name, date and place of birth. Citizenship and Immigration departments in US/Canada do not accept short form anymore. Long format includes names, addresses, date of birth of both the parents (if the fatherhood of the child was decleared and the time of registration or reported by hospital) In Canada, long format is the attested (by registrar general) copy of your birth registration form. Different provices/states may have different design. Key is, it should have info about parents. Suggestion: contact state or county office responsible for issue of birth certificate
Usually, proof of parentage is easier in other countries as father's name is necessary for a child.
Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi KVSK,
I have a similar situation. I got my BC from New york Consulate ( India). WHat did you do? DId you get affidavist and submit them? Please share your information for the members benifit.
Thanks for your inputs in advance

Birth Certificate

Uscis will not accept BC from Indian Consulate, I am not sure but I read some where in the forms.

I have sent these doc's :

1. Non-availability of registration records from Revenue office from India.

2. Notarized Affidavits from parents.

3. SSLC certificate.

4. Passport pages with parent's names.

5. Marriage Certificate.

RFE for Indian Consulate Birth Certificates

I have applied with Birth Certificate from Indian Consulate ( Chicago) but USCIS is not accepting it as a proof of Birth Certicate. I got a RFE for birth certificate.

I applied bcz, one of my friends got I -485 approved based Cosulate birth certifcate. Try to get Birth certificate from India from Civil Authorities ( Mandal Revenue offices in A.P.) will give based on either birth records or school certificates. Better to have affidavit from Parents or Guardian.

Thanks,
-------------------------------
I-140 EB3 SEMI CONCURRENT ND 08/2003 AD 04/2004
I-485 RD 11/2003 PENDING, PD 04/2001
FP1 06/2004
AC21 Invoked 03/2005
RFE issued on 03/16/2005 for Birth Certificates.

substitute of Birth certificate

for KVsk

what kind of document u submitt after u get query about late registration of Birth certificate.

please reply as I also submitt the birth certificate with new registry date as when applied for I-485

I and my wife registered our births in 2001 after obtaining non availability certificates, submitted non availability certificate, birth certificate, 2 affidavits from parents and 1 affidavit from uncle with 485 application. That was it and we got approved without a RFE in 2004. May be USCIS changed rules now because they know that most of Indians don't have births registered.

chanderjoshi said:
for KVsk

what kind of document u submitt after u get query about late registration of Birth certificate.

please reply as I also submitt the birth certificate with new registry date as when applied for I-485
========
This is what I sent to the similar RFE on BC:

1. Two affidavits - original
2. SSLC certificate notarized copy
3. Indian Drivers' licence notarized copy
4. Certified translation of Elememtary school leaving certificate.

Approval came after 11 days of receiving reply to RFE

Thanks
Planet3rd

substitute of Birth certificate

For Chanderjoshi:
I have submitted NON-AVAILABILITY CERTIFICATE from Local Revenue office.

Thanks KVSK and others,
I called my parents and asked for BC they siad they have a certificate from the hospital I was born. But in India we usually get names after a few weeks/months of birth.

So essentially this certificate does not have my name.

What would be my course of action. Please advice.

Oh jsut an FYI my RFE had 2 more issues apart from BC.
1) asked for letter of employment from the employer as my attorney submitted a copy and not original.
2) BC of course
3) Proof of evidence of EMployment authorization document from Jan04 to July 04.
The reason is I went to India in Jan04 and used AP to come back. So BCIS wants me to provide evidence that I had a valid EAD to work there after. I currently hold a valid EAD from July 04 to July 05. This menas that if you travel to India and use AP at port of entry you are automatically on AOS.
Hope some of this information helps.

Advice to my friends if you applied or applying for 485 and used BC from Indian embassy in US, start working on getting a BC from India, this might save some time.

Enjoy

Please note that the above advice is just my opinion from my experience/analysis and I am not an attorney.

Birth certificate

FOR KVSk

when your birth was registered late how did u get Non Availability Certificate as your birth date was registered though it is late?

Please reply as I am also in same boat with late Birth registered certificate?

How can I get Non Availability Certificate?

Birth certificate

HI joshi
I got it from Local Revenue office, requested in the Revenue office for NON-AVAILABILITY CERTIFICATE and showed them my Birth registered certificate which was registered in 2003.

Thanks

Revenue Office

Hi! Kvsk

Thanks for reply can u please tell me Revenue office means Municipal Corporation or what? what is revenue office as I am from Chandigarh,India Can u e-mail me the format u received of Non Availability Certificate at parveen_joshi@hotmail.com

Regards

Please reply at the earliest