RFE on Birth Certificate - Help requested!

feelinglucky

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

Thank you all for your supportive answers,

today both of us reveived RFEs in mail... Please find the details below, I request you guys to give your valuable suggestion how to anser this RFE and what other extra evidences shall we enclose along with the reply. Looking forward for all your valuable suggestions. Thank you in advance.

details of RFE:

the Birth certificate you submitted is registered in 1998 and is considered a late registered document. This document is not considered valid unless secondary evidence is used to support the birth certifivate.

submit the following evidence to verify the birth and parentage of ....

if the person named above has completed grade 10 or higher, please also submit a photocopy of their education board certificate.

it a birth certificate does not list the names of both mother and father, or child, secondary evidence must besubmitted to establish parentage. secodary evidences include, but is not limited to copies of medical: medical records, school records, census records, government-issued identy cards, religious records and / or affidivates from at least two persons alive at the time of birth. the oldest available evidence that lists the names of both parents should be submitted.

Dear All,
I found out that the affidavites from parents might not work... is that correct or shall i request for affidavites from uncle and aunt as well?

other issue what bothers me is that in my 10th grade marks statment my vame is in the abreavaited form, unlike what i have in my birth certificate and passport. is there any why i can submit my own affidavite signed in front of notary here in usa. looking forwards for your replies. thank you again....

Affidavits from parents will work . get one from mom and other from dad .

Friends from my office submitted affidavits from their parents and got the GC approved . They submitted those affidavits at NSC when they got RFE .

I don't know who told you that parent's affidavit will not be accepted .

What I've written is what my very close friend did and got approval without any issue .

Infact I also submitted affidavits from my parents , when i submitted 485 and till now I've not received any RFE yet .

When I submitted my documents to my lawyer, I told her that I do not have birth certificate instead I have a certified affidavite from my country's consulate certifying my date of birth. She Asked me to get a certified affidavite from my parents as well which I did and according to her that should do it.

I submitted my I-140/485 2 weeks back so my application may not be at the stage that will issue RFE on it...but I hope it goes through.....

Even if your 10th grade mark sheet or certificate has abbriviated first or last name it should be ok.... submit it.... because that how they did in old days and you can not do anything about it.... add that and get affidavite from parents and I think you should be ok.....do you have national id card from your country of citizenship if so include that....

copies of the affidavites enough?

Dear all,

Thank you again for suggestions, Do we need to keep the original affidavit, will the copies suffice? Is submitting the copies of the affidavites enough?

Dear all,

Thank you again for suggestions, Do we need to keep the original affidavit, will the copies suffice? Is submitting the copies of the affidavites enough?

Copies wud be enough for submission and you can keep the originals. In my case, I got the scanned copy from India which I printed and submitted. I got the original mailed to me at a later time

PhotoCopies of certified affidavite should be enough

I also submitted Photocopies of certified affidavite and keeping originals with me. I took one affidavite from my father and second from my uncle.

For my wife, we got affidavits from parents, uncle, school headmaster and marksheet.

Consulate verification will not work. We got an RFE for that.