RFE issued

FL4083

Registered Users (C)
My RFE issued on Feb 3rd. Don't get it yet. Now I am the new member in the RFE club!

I just changed my job on Feb 1st. My old job title is "Programmer Analyst", the new one is "Web Programmer". But the two jobs have same job duty. Will this be a problem? I am nervious.

I will post my progress.

RFE 02/03/04
SRC 01264---

Shouldn't be any problem at all- Good luck

I have never heard somebody was denied for the difference in Job title. Main thing is the Job duties have to be similar(not exactly same).

Advanced congratulations and good luck

Hi FL 4083

I believe u don't need to worry about it. just make it simple. in RFE response... I think it would be about EVL (Employment Verification Letter). To response EVL talked to ur attorney. here is some suggesstions.

Don't write details. make is simple. just wrote from ur company that we verify that he is wroking with us blah blah date as Programmer in IT Dept. thats all. u even don't need to write duties. unlesss it is asked in RFE.

and if u feel comfortable pls share with us about salary difference from ur OLd employer and newone.

Normal gap/diff in salary won't be any issue for u it would be okay.... rules are simple.... just don't explain what u are not asked.

Pls do share with us about ur RFE and response in detail here I talked many ppl who have same issue like urs.. like salary and job change..... that would be great helpfull to other ppl.

is there anyone who like to comment or share experience pls ..... help ppl and share ur experience about RFE.

P.O.J

RD 03/03
Not FP yet

Thanks for your Inputs.

My salary in the new job is 3 thousands more than the one posted on the labor certificate card. Old company and new company are in the same industry. Old job duty is C++, new one is using java.

My first company was bought by the second company 2 years ago. And I was laid off by second company in last week. Lucky hired by the third company immediately. My lawyer didn't send any letters to INS about these job changes. I noticed INS about moving one year ago.

I don't know what's required in RFE yet. But I will post here when I got it from my lawyer.

RFE

I've my online message changed from 990-999 days to RFE sent on 2/6/04.

PD : May, 1998
RD : May, 2001
ND : Aug, 2001
FP : Mar, 2003

SRC-01-249-*****

I have seen many ways to handle this:

-- Mention the current job title with current salary and the job description that matches labor certification.

-- Mention a title that is combination of both: 'Systems Analyst/Web Programmer'.

Bottom line, make sure that the job responsibilities are same as per labor certification. Salary is not required but if it is more than what is noted on the labor certification, it does not hurt to mention that.

Sometimes, companies also specifically mention that 'This position will be immediately available to him upon becoming a lawful permanent resident.'