RFE for Special Registration

Satesh416

Registered Users (C)
I got a REF to provide evidence of special registration. I am from Bangladesh.
I submitted 1-94 with a special registration date and FIN number on my last trip to BD and the new 1-94 does not have any special registration evidence as it was eliminated last year. I don’t have a copy of the old I-94. How should I show to INS that I went for SR in 2002 when it was started? RFE issued on June 22.

485 RD: May 2002

i dont know the exact answer to your question. although, having a FIN number proves that you complied with the law. your lawyer should know how to address the issue in a letter.

If the USCIS nitwits have any nuts in their head, they will not send a RFE for special registration. This is like a passport issuing authority asking a person to prove that they granted a passport. If they approved ur special registration they should have ur details on record and in the system. This somehow indicates that they may have lost (imagine records being deleted in a secure, the most imp system in this country) data from the system.
If the DHS is really an integrated and functioning entity USCIS should be able to get the records from the registration department (I do not know which department handles that) of any applicant by merely making an inter-department information lookup.
Tommorrow, after getting GC these folks might send a RFE to prove that the stamp on the passport is genuine.

i have my i-94 that has the FIN number and the registration date on it. you may also find the FIN in your passport. I know that some centers put the numbers on visa page as well as i-94.

registrationid- we all know how their inter-office system works. so, to be honest with you, i am glad they ask me to send them the information rather than they themselves try to get from somewhere! at least they got the answer right after they asked for it.

although, it doesnt help my dissatisfaction with how they handle cases. just imagine how much backlog this stupid special registration created two years ago. it took them a year to understand how idiotic it was. and they are still dealing with the backlog the created for this BS reason.

well, what can we say!?

They also write down the FINS # on visa when they do the special registration, look for that, send them a photocopy of that explaining why you dont have the copy of I-94. Also check with your employer, they might have a copy of your old I-94.

I got same RFE for I-140, my employer sent them the photocopy of I-94 from their records (didnt even ask me).