RFE for Non Availability of Birth Certificate

amr_smr

Registered Users (C)
My mother recently got a RFE for her I-485 due to absence of a birth certificate. She was born in 1938 in Undivided India. We submitted court affidavits from her surviving siblings but the authorities here have requested a Non Availability of Birth Certificate. We approached the municipal authorities in India but they are giving us a hard time for issuing either a Birth Certificate or, a non-availability certificate as she was born in Undivided India (now Pakistan) and does not have a record of birth in India. Could you please recommend a way out for us in this situation.

nkm-oct23

Registered Users (C)
You should write a letter explaining your situation that your mom was born in what is now in Pakistan and it is not possible to obtain a certificate of birth or non-availability from there. Include notarized affidavits from relatives who have knowledge of her birth. Is there any other document issued like a school record, etc?

amr_smr

Registered Users (C)
Sadly there is no school records from that time. The circumstances were such that her family had to leave all their belongings and all those records were lost.

amr_smr

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone submitted a supporting letter as mentioned above in the thread and if YES, could you please share the specific language you used in the letter.

manny73

Registered Users (C)
Were you able to resolve this issue? I also got a similar RFE, and dont know what to do. I would highly appreciate if you could provide us any further information you have obtained about this?