RFE for Condition Removal: I-751

icecream43

I applied for condition removal I-751 on my conditional green card based on fact that my wife is a US Citizen. I got RFE recently stating that documents I submitted were not sufficient to prove Good Faith Marriage. My wife and I have been married 4 years and we have a son. I sent several documents including 2016 tax returns and two bank statements.
The items mentioned on the letter:
- They say that they can't see how my tax returns were filed with the appropriate agencies
- my bank statements do not cover a sufficient period

Two questions for those who have submitted this documentation and not got an RFE:
- What tax document are they looking for to show that it was filed with the appropriate agencies? I just downloaded the tax return from the online tax prepared and printed it.
- I understand that two bank statements are not enough - that was my mistake. But do I have to send them 4 years worth of bank statements?

1. Did you download the tax return prepared by you/prepared by someone you hired or you downloaded your tax transcripts from the IRS website? If the former, the RFE is indeed justified as there’s no proof the prepared tax returns actually got filed. You need the tax transcripts from the IRS website:
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

2. Do you have lease/mortgage documents with both of you listed? Utility bills with both listed? Insurance (medical/life) documents? Credit card statements? You need documents showing co-mingling of assets.

Thanks Sm1smom, I didn't know about transcripts. I do have a deed, homeowners insurance and joint bank account. I'm confused as to how many years of bank statement will be considered "enough evidence" by USCIS as banks typically won't have as many as 4 years of statements. In the RFE letter they do say that they want to see deposits and withdrawals for the period of the marriage.