RFE case approved!

Henry ForGC

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends:

You are among the first people that I want to share the news with, as I promised before.

I checked AVM this morning and heard the wonderful word "approved" for all our pending cases. Subconsciously, I am still worried that this might be a wrong information. I certainly hope not.

I want to thank, first of all, the people that made this site possible. I also want to thank all the people that are willing to share their information and experience. This site and the people provided valuable support for all of us desperate waiters.

Here are my details:

EB1-OR

I-140 filed: 09/2000
I-140 approved: 11/2000

I-485:
RD: 02/2001
ND: 03/2001
FP Notice: 07/2001
FP done: 07/2001
Company acqusition: BEFORE 180 days

RFE issued: 10/2001
RFE received: 11/2001
RFE for: W-2, pay stubs, employment letter, copy of passport, I-20 Form, etc.

RFE replied: 11/2001
Amended I-140 filed w/ RFE Response (not required by INS possibly because of not knowing the acqusition).
RFE acknowledged by CSC: 12/28/01 (?)
Amended I-140 acknowledged: RD 12/28/01 (?)

Cases not assigned yet in early January per a nice IIO.

Amended I-140 approved: 02/04/02
I-485 approved: 02/05/02

Yet to receive the approval notice.

For quite a while, I thought that I would never get it. Here I am, I got it. Although my case is by no means a fast one, I should be happy considering how long some of our friends have waited. For all the friends who are desperately waiting, don\'t lose your hope. You will be there!

Best wishes!

Henry

Congrats. Questions....

My case is similar to your case. My company acquired by other company before filing 485. But the second company didn\'t apply for 140 amendment. I enquired with attorney, she said that it was not required. Now I am getting pay stubs from the second company. But my 485 filed with the first company. How it is going to affect me? My RD is in August. I have done FP on November and Jan 12 AVM says my processing is resumed. I am still waiting for my final approval. I am scared that if RFE is issued, I will be in doldrums.

Any suggestions..please....

Shusterman.com has a latest chat regarding these issues

I don\'t know whether you have checked on Shusterman.com. They have the transcript for their latest chat topic which was I-485 Portability. I don\'t remember they have discussed your kind of situation. But it\'s worth reading.

Actually my situation is a little different. The acqusition was done AFTER I-485 was filed. While in your case, the acqusition happened before, which may make difference. I remember on Murthy Chat somebody asked similar question, and the answer is that a new I-140 should be filed. Just curious, did you include an employment letter when you filed the I-485? I think it is required. What did your employment letter say at that time?

Looks like you are getting close to a decision. Hope you get approval. RFE only adds extra work for INS and extra frustration for you in your case. I think your case should be approved.

However, in case they issue a RFE, I don\'t know what the best way is to deal with it. In my case, with the amended I-140, my company provided a whole stack of legal documents and press release to describe the nature of our acqusition which is ASSET TRANSACTION, which further proved that the new company is the Successor-in-interest to the old company. I am not sure whether an amended I-140 was really necessary in my case since the RFE was issued after 180 days, but it was certainly safe. I heard that many people got approval with only a letter from the 2nd company saying that the company acqusition or name change did not change the job of the applicant, etc.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your rply Henry ForGC.

I remember a letter was enclosed from the first company not from the second one.

In that case, I will be in a problem if RFE is generated. Hopefully not!...

As of now INS doesn\'t know anything about acquisition.

I just realized something.

Actually if your 1st company did file I-485 for you, then your situation will be very similar to mine. According to Mr. Shusterman (Please check his chat transcript to make sure), as long as they don\'t determine your case within the 1st 6 month, you should be fine, as I understand. All you need to do, in case of a RFE, is to provide a letter from the company saying that you are at the same or similar job, which is what I really needed to do although we did file amended I-140. Anyway, you have nothing to worry about either way. You did not even change your job. Plus, it seems that people get approvals shortly after replying to RFE anyway.

Good for you! Enjoy your new life!

Hi, Hoping mine will be coming out soon. I send the REF to INs LA on DEC 19, 2002.
Good Luck!

Congratulations. This pumps blood and gives us hope that INS is still alive and working

Wish you continue visting this Board.....
Congrats again, Henry :)

Thanks to all the friends who posted message.

I recognize some names whose cases have been approved, if I\'m not mistaken. I will certainly continue to visit this board and share information with all you guys.