RFE Birth certificate - bombay - Gurus Help Please

ubhavsar

Registered Users (C)
Hello ,

I got my approval last month. But my wife have a RFE requesting Birth Certificate or Non-availability ceritificate from civil authority.

* I have already got a birth certificate from Embassey. But most of the people says it is not valid.

* I have applied through www.yourmaninindia.com but services is useless. Work still not done after 1 month.

She is born in Bhuleshwar , bombay area at some private hospital in 1974.

How can i get my wife birth certificate or non availability ? Does anyone have any recent experience ?

I need an address if someone have. I am thinking to fly there to get birth or nonavailability certificate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try posting on main forum.

You will get response. It will be issued by the Bombay Municipal corporation authorities. Check Whether Bhuleshwar comes in BMC area or in Thana. It should be very simple. Along with Non availability certificate you need to have affidavit from the people who were present at the time of birth. Like parents or uncle.

If she has borned in 1974 the corporation might have her birth record. any way check with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
contact people at bmc

being born in 1974, she should have record of her brith with bmc. check with the hospital where she was born and they may be able to direct you to the ward office. might need to pay the people there to research and get her BC. it is doable.
I dont know if you can get non-availability since the BC is really available but just the right people need to be contacted.
hope this helps.

Thanks for reply.

but i have weired problem. We don`t have hospital certificate and BMC could not find my wife`s birth record. We have requested Non-availabilty certificate but BMC said they have stopped issueing NON avail certificate.

Money does not work here. Already tried.

Does any one have any experience from Birth Register or getting certificate from BMC using any legal ( through lawyer ) or affedavit.

Any gurus please ?

similar situation, ymii is slow but i am hopeful

Hi,

I am in similar situation as my wife's birth certificate didn't have her name in it. Trying to get it thru yourmaninindia (YMII). They are slow (dates don't mean much), but they have made progress, located old records in BMC head office (the Colaba ward had lost old certificates) and are hopeful of getting the certificate within next couple of days (after the BMC strike ends)

Do you have any status from YMII, do they think they can do it? One really needs to send e-mails at regular intervals plodding them for status though.

I just don't have the resources to go to Bombay and persue it myself, so would probably submit the Embassy issued certificate if I can't get it thru YMII. I didn't think about the Embassy certificate, why do you think its invalid?

-dh..

birth certificate

hi
i had a similar problem regarding my husbands birth certificate,all his brother did was go to the bmc showed his school certificate and got it ...they gave him a alittle hard time but by giving some money he got it rt away...and not just one copy but 2...if u want i can find out abt ur wife....if u have any relative over there who can go with my brother in law to the bmc office
let me know

ubhavsar, i got a cert for my wife thru YMII

Ubhavsar,

YMII did get a birth cert issued from BMC for my wife today after around a month of prodding e-mails/phone calls. if u have paid them and not getting any service, i urge call their 877 number. somebody will pick up and press your case/demand your money back.

although i do have to say that they didn't get my wife's surname included in the cert, but don't know whom to blame for that, bmc or ymii. i'll take a chance on submitting without a surname to INS. anybody know of RFE's generated bcoz surname not included in the cert.

-Rahul

Noori,

That would be excellent. I will greatly appreciate it if your brother can. My email ID : ubhavsar71@yahoo.com . Please give me your email ID or phone.
I have following School leaving certificate , Passport , Affedavit from mother and sister showing birth day xx.xx.xxxx. Please help me noori, if you can.

Thanks

If birth cert shows father's name but doesn't show mother's name (issued by local municipal authority) will that trigger a RFE? Affidavit with 2 witness is also submitted to support it. Any comments?

Formats

This thread has some very useful info. Thanks to all contributers.
I will appreciate if you could point me to the format
of affedivits and non-availability certs

thanks

Guys, I'm also in the same boat, My Birth certificate has my fathers name wrong (no spelling mistake but complete wrong!!!they screaed up while registering), My parents went to the Bombay BMC office but they won't change it any cost (I hate this to say but I offerer money also, That was the last option).

They are saying everything is computerised and they can't change, if I want to change I have get some proof of my dad & mom as husband & wife which was issued before my birth (before 1973 ) & not issued after 1973.

I have everything else apart from what they ask for like my parents marriage certificate, my domicile, mom-dad's passport etc etc. but those buggers at BMC won't change niether they will give a Non avialability certificate saying we don't don't give anything in writing.

Guys Please tell me some work around for this. I have already got a BC from consultate but I have doubt that being accepted for GC processing.

Thanks,