RFE 10 minutes after N-400 Interview - What’s happening?

Tmdm

Hey all,

I am new to this forum but have found some information provided here really helpful.

A little background on my thread and myself: I had my N-400 Interview today at the San Bernardino, CA office. The interview went very well and I had a very friendly officer and was thorough and detailed. I passed the interview and all of the tests but the officer said at the end that he couldn’t approve on the spot because he needed to give my pending I-751 to another officer for review. He told me this shouldn’t take more than a few days. At the start of the interview he told me he wouldn’t need my wife in the interview and that the I-751 wouldn’t be done today and then he reviewed it anyway. At the end of the interview he told my lawyer “im going to try and get him into the oath ceremony for a November”. As soon as I get his file back, I’ll deal with it.

Anyway, after the interview my status almost immediately updated to “request for initial evidence” on my N-400 application. Anyone familiar with this? What does this mean? I’m hoping a glitch because the officer didn’t ask for any additional evidence during the interview and all seemed positive. Any advice would be appreciated!