Retrogression Question

sunjoshi

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

What's this retrogression thingy for EB3? I see a visa date of something like April 2002. Does it mean that NO 485s will be approved for EB3s for the next 3 years?(assuming it will take 3 years for the backlog). If the 485 was already filed, and the priority dates are BEFORE April2002, will they approve it when the Processing date hits the receive date ?or the priority dates doesn't really matter? I am completely lost :eek:

My case filed in VSC.

Yes, Priority dates will matter to us. I am one the victim. If you apply 485 before Jan 1, 2005, your case will be processed but not approved you have PD.

I am not attorney.

Bummmer!!

So what does it mean? they won't approve ANY 485s filed before Jan05? everyone needs to wait till the visa date that is Arp 02 now, becomes a "C"?

This is soo unclear.Now how does the priority dates work? what's the difference between a person with PD sep02 versus another person with PD sep01? Any thoughts? (Assuming both of them already filed 485)

Right now PD date is April 02. When your PD is April 02 or before your case shall be processed until decision is made.

For Sept 02, it is after April 02 so they can process but not approve because he/she does not enough GCs to get one.

For Sept 01, his/her PD is before April 02, his/her case shall be processed until decision is made.