Retrogression for Nurses starting in October 2006

texancanadian

Registered Users (C)
03/16/2006: DOS Predicts Retrogression of Schedule A Visa (EX) Numbers in First Quarter of FY 2007 (10/01/06-12/31/06)

AILA has reported that there remains 20,000 number for this FY 2006 and EX will remain current until September 30, 2006. However, the State Department intends to set a cut-off date for Schedule A visa category of EX in the first quarter of FY 2007. Retrogression will be no longer other immigrant categories' agony at the end of this year unless the Congress acts!!
No one knows how steep the retrogression will be. Schedule A retrogression will result in three consequences, among others: (1) Those Schedule A waiting for 485 application decision will face delays in the green card application after the retrogression and until the visa number becomes available again. (2) Schedule A concurrent I-140 and I-485 filing will be not available during the period of retrogression. Only stand-alone I-140 petition will be available during the retrogression. (3) EB-3 will experience added pressure in terms of the available visa numbers.
Those who are working on the Schedule A cases should accelerate the "concurent" filing such that at least they can take advantage of EAD and Advance Parole during the retrogression.
Senator Brownback's amendment to the Specter Mark for the Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill to make Schedule A cases visa quota exempt immigration category becomes more important and allied healthcare industry should lobby hard to get this amendment passed at the Senate!

Texancadian:

Do you have link/document for this information?
What will be the cut off date in the first quarter of FY 2007.

-Pearl

cpt,
Yes it would affect someone in the case you mentioned. As long as your I485 is not approved and visa dates current, it would affect you.

Pearl

You can find it on the website below

http://www.immigration-law.com

and click on the "breaking news" section and scroll down to the posting date.

No body can answer your second question on the Priority dates. If someone says they know then they are lying.