Retrogression: Doing Math part 2

Thanks, Berkeleybee

This confirms that there is no logic whatsoever with USCIS.

All the brainy/logical guys, please draft something to lawmakers and the Ombudsman's office. I'd realy appreciate the effort. Some guys were saying this waiting for GC has caused them their full heads of hair. For me, my brain can't process much nowadays after many years of waiting.

Thanks and a good weekend.

berkeleybee said:
Not an article, a post about a conversation with the Ombudsmans' Data Guy

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=148

Immig Voice is Doing Exactly That

Meg,

Immigration Voice is doing exactly that! Don't reinvent the wheel, join us!

It takes a lot of effort to get access -- a large group gets better access, and a group with a lobbyist gets even better access -- Immigration Voice has exactly that.

There is a lot to do -- we are arranging meetings with lawmakers, and educating them about this and all the rest of the nitty gritty as well as our goals.

We are well organized in Northern CA, but we need people in the rest of the country. Join us! What possibly could you be waiting for?

best,
Berkeleybee

Hi, Berkeleybee

I do not intend to invent or reinvent anything. As I said before my mind could not digest much nowadays :).

I really admire the guys at immigration voice and their effort. Thus I have contributed money and have been following the site pretty closely. But I have not seen actions towards questioning the idoitic logic of USCIS. I am ready to jump in and take action on activities I can do. Thanks for your effort.

berkeleybee said:
Meg,

Immigration Voice is doing exactly that! Don't reinvent the wheel, join us!

It takes a lot of effort to get access -- a large group gets better access, and a group with a lobbyist gets even better access -- Immigration Voice has exactly that.

There is a lot to do -- we are arranging meetings with lawmakers, and educating them about this and all the rest of the nitty gritty as well as our goals.

We are well organized in Northern CA, but we need people in the rest of the country. Join us! What possibly could you be waiting for?

best,
Berkeleybee

meg_z said:
I do not intend to invent or reinvent anything. As I said before my mind could not digest much nowadays :).

I really admire the guys at immigration voice and their effort. Thus I have contributed money and have been following the site pretty closely. But I have not seen actions towards questioning the idoitic logic of USCIS. I am ready to jump in and take action on activities I can do. Thanks for your effort.

About volunteering: we need people with experience designing websites -- a new skin for the front page would be great -- active members have been so busy, we haven't had a chance to put up the contents of our brochure up on our front page, and that means that you don't see the full list of IV goals right away. If you have or know someone with these skills that let us know.

About your other remarks:

I'm laughing. And there isn't much to laugh about on this issue.

And we are very much "questioning the idiotic logic of USCIS". Check out our new slide presentation -- when we take it on the road, this is one of the points we make --

While everyone's fingerprints are being taken and eyeballs scanned,

(a) USCIS can't even keep track of the TOTAL number of pending EB and FB applicants! Forget about a breakdown by category, PD, national origin that they should be tracking, because they use it for policy.

(b) All this talk about national security, fear and danger -- while security checks time out and take forever -- isn't the idea to find out fast if someone is a security risk?? Reality is that under this system a real troublemaker could hang out forever as one security check after another times out in a Kafkaesque way.

(c) Dang it! They can't even keep track of fingerprints! It is worse than the keystone cops.

IV's info of Eb backlog in 2005 President's economic report

EB backlog- As of Jan 2005, 271,000 cases pending for adjudication of status
Found the numbers on page 112 of the 2005 report. (first reported by IV group member)

Well, my calculations for India had been higher then most others, including Akela's calculations. This huge global number makes me believe my calculations for India may be on the right track, after all.

Guys, get set for a long road ahead.

Regards
GCStrat :) :(

Has anybody does calculation for EB3, India Dec 2003

... or any nearby date? I'll appreciate the input very much.

No One will have an idea - only guess work..

gravitation said:
... or any nearby date? I'll appreciate the input very much.

Without a change in the immigration rules/laws and without any pro immigration (legal) being passed you are looking at atleast an year and a half to two years for EB3 Dec 2003.
Now, that is a very optimistice span of time. So, there is nothing one can do except hang on !! :)

Method in madness

Guys and Gals

Please be aware any calculations to find the extent of backlog and likely implications of that on date movement is LIKE trying to find some method in the USCIS madness. These are based on lot of assumptions.

My excel sheet and subsequent discussions can be found in earlier pages of this thread. I am not making any predictions in these calculations - I am only throwing out numbers based on certain assumptions.

Use it with caution and at your own risk.

The only "AUTHENTIC" number for EB based backlog one can claim is the "official" number found in 2005 Economic Report of the President. This report states 271,000 cases waiting for adjudication of status (I think it means I-485 stage, unless in USCIS lingo other things are classified under adjudication of cases). And 300,000 cases are with DOL.

Beyond that, anything anyone, other than USCIS states, may be total speculation, including yours truly's calculation.

Regards
GCstrat :)

Thanks

Thanks GC_govinda!

GC_Govinda said:
Without a change in the immigration rules/laws and without any pro immigration (legal) being passed you are looking at atleast an year and a half to two years for EB3 Dec 2003.
Now, that is a very optimistice span of time. So, there is nothing one can do except hang on !! :)