retorgression effect on people whose I485 processing is in progress

zyx2002

Registered Users (C)
Some one told me that his lawyer has mentioned that for people whose I485 processing is in progress they wont be affected by the retrogression. To elaborate if a person's I485 is already filed and processing is going on then he/she doesnt come under retrogression and his/her GC will be approved (even if priority date is after Jan 1 1998 for EB3 India). Is this correct?

I believe, If visa number alloted to your case, you will be through in few months. If not, you will be for waiting.

Not Correct !!!

That's not correct... Ur priority date should be current for you to get approved.Why do you think there's such a big hue 'n' cry over retrogression :(

you won't be able to get I-485 approved if no visa is available for you even if you are in I-485 pending status. Of course you are not allowed to file I-485 if your priority date is not current.

zyx2002 said:
Some one told me that his lawyer has mentioned that for people whose I485 processing is in progress they wont be affected by the retrogression. To elaborate if a person's I485 is already filed and processing is going on then he/she doesnt come under retrogression and his/her GC will be approved (even if priority date is after Jan 1 1998 for EB3 India). Is this correct?

When your pending I-485 was accepted visa numbers were available howerver while approving I-485 also visa numbers MUST be available, which won't be the case due to retrogression. your lawyer didn't give you right information.

zyx2002 said:

We can easily understand what is happening....

Picture been released today for 3 shows (Morning, 1st and 2nd show).... say suppose now morning show is about to run....

one who already purchased tickets in advance then they are able to see morning show...(Whose PD is before Jan 1998)

one who purchased for 1st show, they have to wait till morning show completes....(whose PD is between 1999 and 2002 and filed I-485)

one who purchased for 2nd show, they have to wait till 1st show completes....(whose PD is between 2003 and above and filed I-485)

one who doesn't purchase any tickets....is useless for that day even though they are in line to purchase.....(one who cleared labor and not able to file I-485)

Its upto you based on your capacity and strength that you can get tickets in black for morning/1st/2nd show.. (substitute labor) and see the picture anytime.....it is legal here

Final conculsion is.... who purchased tickets in advance (PD is not current, I-485 already filed) and one can buy ticket at the time of show begins (PD is not current, I-485 not filed)....both have to wait till show begins....

Sorry guys...House is Full....Show begins....

good sense of humor

vetagaadu said:

Picture been released today for 3 shows (Morning, 1st and 2nd show).... say suppose now morning show is about to run....

one who already purchased tickets in advance then they are able to see morning show...(Whose PD is before Jan 1998)

one who purchased for 1st show, they have to wait till morning show completes....(whose PD is between 1999 and 2002 and filed I-485)

one who purchased for 2nd show, they have to wait till 1st show completes....(whose PD is between 2003 and above and filed I-485)

one who doesn't purchase any tickets....is useless for that day even though they are in line to purchase.....(one who cleared labor and not able to file I-485)

Its upto you based on your capacity and strength that you can get tickets in black for morning/1st/2nd show.. (substitute labor) and see the picture anytime.....it is legal here

Final conculsion is.... who purchased tickets in advance (PD is not current, I-485 already filed) and one can buy ticket at the time of show begins (PD is not current, I-485 not filed)....both have to wait till show begins....

Good analyze. I can't control my loughs

It does not matter if show begins or not

You can still see the movie using pirated DVD's and VHS.What i mean to say is,you can get GC using Political asylum,refugee or marrying a citizen.This what this country does to people that come here legally work legally and pay taxes regularly and they are very lenient on people that cross borders and stay illegally here.I have begun to start my bags and trying to find a job in bangalore or bombay.
I will lose my money in social security and 401k,i know these people will take ages to give my money back or they will never give.My advice to people that are on h1b is do not put your money in 401 and Social security is inevitable.I am not the only one most of my friends have started to pack bags as it makes no sense to stay here and work as a bonded labourer anymore.

cheer up man, things may not be that bad after all. I would say let's just wait and see for couple of months if cut-off dates move forward with certain pace. Also new law will sooner or later come into effect if we keep bitching or lobbying... my 2 cents

vetagaadu said:

Looks like we all have tickets for a movie that is not even playing in the theater.

In my opinion, the only reasonable solution is "BAN LABOR SUBSTITUTION". There are estimated 400K labors from previous years that will be processed, for most of which the real employee is not even there.

So, all these labors will be traded in open market impacting any reasonale movement.

I had 2 prior labor certifications on my name. one is approved and I dont know the status of the other. The current one is the third.

Guys,

Based on what i read on this site and Murthy.com etc, i was under the impression that the I-485 is processed but will only be approved when the priority date is current. However, when i called the service center this morning, i was told the following:

1. The I-485 is processed and approved by USCIS but the visa #s are allotted by National Visa Center.
2. USCIS processes I-485 based on the processing date of the respective service center.
3. If everything is fine, then USCIS will approve the case - even if the priority date is not current.
4. They will inform the applicant about the approval and then send the case to NVC.
5. NVC will allot a visa # only when the priority date is current for that application.

For what its worth, it seems like I-485 will be approved but GC will have wait.

Hope this helps. You guys can also call the service center to confirm the same.

cheers

PD Jul 02
I-140/485 RD Jan 04
I-140 AD Jan 05
I-485 pending

Clarification

brshekhar: Are you saying that "485 will be approved" meaning you will get a stamp, and just that you won't get the physical plastic card..I doubt that is the case....

See the movie in another theater ..

brshekhar said:
Guys,

Based on what i read on this site and Murthy.com etc, i was under the impression that the I-485 is processed but will only be approved when the priority date is current. However, when i called the service center this morning, i was told the following:

1. The I-485 is processed and approved by USCIS but the visa #s are allotted by National Visa Center.
2. USCIS processes I-485 based on the processing date of the respective service center.
3. If everything is fine, then USCIS will approve the case - even if the priority date is not current.
4. They will inform the applicant about the approval and then send the case to NVC.
5. NVC will allot a visa # only when the priority date is current for that application.

cheers

PD Jul 02
I-140/485 RD Jan 04
I-140 AD Jan 05
I-485 pending

This news may be belivable.. I saw one person signatature, his eb3 485 was approved in 08/2005, though eb3 visas NOT AVAILABLE in aug 2005 visa bulliton for all nationals. This means operator is running the show without owner's permission.

We are waiting for a movie which is not going to be screened. Look for the nearest theater.

Hi, brshekhar

Hi, brshekhar
What's the service center phone number did you call this morning?

My case is pending on FBI naming check now. My lawyer told me that even if my naming check is cleared , CIS still will not process my case until my priority date (year of 2002) to be current.

Thanks!

brshekhar said:
Guys,

cheers

PD Jul 02
I-140/485 RD Jan 04
I-140 AD Jan 05
I-485 pending

Lawyer confirmed that impact of retrogression

Just got an email from my attorney that I am infact impacted by retrogression. My PD is Nov '2000. An year behind... :mad:

gc_man said:
Just got an email from my attorney that I am infact impacted by retrogression. My PD is Nov '2000. An year behind... :mad:

He's probably wrong (unless your case is EB3). Since you said yours was 1 year behind, I am guessing it is EB2.

You could still be approved before this month end.

Well he is correct because my PD is Nov 2000 and the published date is Nov 1999, so IAM IMPACTED. The only miracle that can save me is that if it gets approved in the next 12 working days. The theory of probability will prove wrong if I get it..... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
vetagaadu said:

you are missing the point, lot of people already in the system Q

buzzhd said:
cheer up man, things may not be that bad after all. I would say let's just wait and see for couple of months if cut-off dates move forward with certain pace. Also new law will sooner or later come into effect if we keep bitching or lobbying... my 2 cents

My case got approved when Visa # were not available

Hi,

My case was approved when the visa #s were not available in July 2005. Mine was Eb3 case. Even my kid got her plastic card.

Me and my wife got stamped on our pps last week. I am expecting Plastic cards in a month or two.

Am I dreaming ??

World

PD 09/2001
Labor AD: 12/2003
140 Applied 03/2004
140 AD 09/2004
I485 ND 10/2004
AD 07/2005 when EB3 visa numbers were not available.
PP stamped 08/2005 when EB3 visa numbers were not available.
My kid got plastic card 09/2005 when EB3 visa numbers were not available.

I am expecting Plastic card.. Hope I will see it soon...

You guys think I have been invited to see the premiere??

Last edited by a moderator: