Retake Finger Prints - PLEASE HELP!!!

AnneG

Registered Users (C)
I had my fingerprints taken on the 23rd of July. I left USA on the 5th of August for a trip to India. I was planning on coming back within 6 months as required by law or interview date whichever was earlier. To my extreme displeasure, INS has sent me a notice that I will have to retake Fingerprints - received it today.
Has this happended to anyone? Do I have any alternative other than to spend the money to come back just for their stupidity???

Read the fingerprint notice carefully. Check to see if it says something about if you've already have taken your fingerprints within such in such period of time, you will not need to report again. If so, you may not need to retake them because this could just be an error on their part, by scheduling you twice.

However, if something went wrong with the first fingerprinting, such as it not coming out clear, they will request for you to take them again.

But again, please read the notice carefully. If there is a number you may also want to give them a call.

Good luck!
Homa