Retaining I140 while not in US

Below is my scenario and I would like to know the best possible legal way to handle it.

Scenario:
1. I've my approved I140 (PD sept 2005, EB3) with company A,
2. Used AC21 and moved to company B for full-time employment but they never filed my new labor.
3.However I was Laid Off from company 'B', Aug 2010, and the I797 is valid until aug 2012.
4. Due to the recession , I left US in October 2010(left within the legal time provided)

Questions:
1. If i want to come back to US, can I still retain my approved I140 and continue with the GC ? (and i'm sure my I140 was never revoked by my employer 'A')
2. Can I transfer my H1 and continue working or do I need to file a new H1 petition?
3. Since going to Company C will involve re-filing of my labor and I140 , I was thinking on getting my H1 done through Company 'A' through whom I've my approved I140? let me know if that is a good direction.
4. <imp Q> In either of the cases in above point # 2 , Can I continue with my GC processing from where it is left, obviously when the PD for EB3 becomes current.
5. On the same note I would like to clarify if it is possible to change from EB3 to EB2, as I've more than 10 yrs exp and holds MBA from US.

I would appreciate for your esteem comments.