Resident's update

cdrad

Update on behalf of Resident:
Resident decided not to come back to this forum for avoiding accidentally SUCKING someone else’s information. However, he would like to share his new info and experiences with you. Below is what I received from Resident.
-- cdrad

RD 6/01
ND 8/01
FD 12/02
RFE issued 1/23/04 (very nice TSC officer FAXED and CALLED the lawyer’s office after the paper notices for primary applicant and beneficiary were mailed out – Reason: FP closes to expiration date. RFE for Resident: employment verification; for his spouse: maintaining legal nonimmigrant status)
2/4/04 RFE received (online message changed for both)
2/13/04 RFE received (online message changed again for both – very much confused!)
Today 2/16/04 called lawyer’s office and found the Approval Notices (for both) were received ~2/11/04. The AD is 2/5/04 (the next day after the RFEs were received by the TSC). Online messages are still RFE received!!!

Lessons learned:
1. There are very nice, concerned officers at the TSC.
2. There could be many errors/mistakes during the whole process at the TSC (experienced receipts issued very late, lost notice, incorrect online messages).
3. Get a GOOD lawyer or do-it-yourself. My cases could have been completed a couple of years ago if the lawyer acted promptly. You know yourself the best! I had to prepare my case presentation myself after seen the lawyer’s work (not impressive), then passed everything to the lawyer’s office for them to submit. Even that, errors that I catch were not correct by the lawyer’s office – partially caused spouse’s RFE. I should have handled all of paper works on my own.

At the last – best wishes to you all for your GC journey! I will do my best to help making things happen so that the GC process will be easier for the fellow applicants.

Resident