ReSchedule Interview

Marais

Registered Users (C)
I sent interview letter for a reschedule as I will be out of country that time. Sent interview letter back by Fedex just to make sure that I have a delivered record.

I have not heard anything back from USCIS or no status change online. Do I need to call 1-800 number to make sure that they got it or things will happen as they should slowly. Please advise. My interview date coming closer. thanks

I sent interview letter for a reschedule as I will be out of country that time. Sent interview letter back by Fedex just to make sure that I have a delivered record.

I have not heard anything back from USCIS or no status change online. Do I need to call 1-800 number to make sure that they got it or things will happen as they should slowly. Please advise. My interview date coming closer. thanks

When did you send the reschedule request?
When is the interview?

the online status is not always promptly updated.

in your place i would first call the 800 number to find out about any progress. if they are unable to give you a satisfactory answer, i would try to get an appointment.

Bobsmyth, aparnas thanks for the input..

I just called 1-800 number, as usual, they dont have any information. I scheduled an info pass appointment on 23rd and need to see what they say..

Any inputs/experiences are appreciated.

Any input is to go to the infopass, take a copy of the letter you sent via fedex. Nothing else is going to satisfy your hunger on USCIS internal mechanism...;)

Bobsmyth, aparnas thanks for the input..

I just called 1-800 number, as usual, they dont have any information. I scheduled an info pass appointment on 23rd and need to see what they say..

Any inputs/experiences are appreciated.

When you call, you need to speak with an IO, not the first level customer service rep who doesn't have the info.

I sent back my interview letter to ask cancel the interview since I withdraw my application. My mail was delivered. I asked IO mail me back a copy of my letter with my enclosed evelope , but no response at all.

Now I worry will this affect my future N-400 application? How could I find the case is closed or not ? If interview I didn't show up ( I can't now since I don't have interview letter ), will it have record online, so there is possibility being stopped at customs if I travel internationally like the story in another thread here ?

It is too far for me go to the field office make Info Pass.

Thanks for any advice.

Now I worry will this affect my future N-400 application? How could I find the case is closed or not ? If interview I didn't show up ( I can't now since I don't have interview letter ), will it have record online, so there is possibility being stopped at customs if I travel internationally like the story in another thread here ?

Write back to USCIS and ask them to confirm case is closed. You wouldn't be stopped at border for withdrawing an application or not going to interview. The other story involved the applicant being stopped at border since he had an arrest record, not for not going to interview.

"When you call, you need to speak with an IO, not the first level customer service rep who doesn't have the info. "

Thanks Bobsmyth..!!
Is there a way to speak with IO directly... ? 1-800 does not give that option at all..
Press 1 for this, press 2 for that etc.. but not an option to speak with IO .

"When you call, you need to speak with an IO, not the first level customer service rep who doesn't have the info. "

Thanks Bobsmyth..!!
Is there a way to speak with IO directly... ? 1-800 does not give that option at all..
Press 1 for this, press 2 for that etc.. but not an option to speak with IO .

You choose option 1-2-3 to get to regular rep. Just tell them you just called and were transferred but got disconnected. The rep should them transfer your call to an IO.

Write back to USCIS and ask them to confirm case is closed. You wouldn't be stopped at border for withdrawing an application or not going to interview. The other story involved the applicant being stopped at border since he had an arrest record, not for not going to interview.

Thanks Bob!

I will write anthoer letter after my initial interview date. Do you know how soon they can close a case if interview no show up or receipt of withdraw letter?

I took an Info pass appointment and requested to cancel my appointment. They suggested me to appear for interview and postpone oath. I came back from USCIS office for now. My questions

1) As I do not have original but a copy of interview letter , is it fine?
2) Can I request to postpone my oath to a specific time ( to suit my return travel date)?

Please share any experiences. Thanks

I took an Info pass appointment and requested to cancel my appointment. They suggested me to appear for interview and postpone oath. I came back from USCIS office for now. My questions

1) As I do not have original but a copy of interview letter , is it fine?
2) Can I request to postpone my oath to a specific time ( to suit my return travel date)?

Please share any experiences. Thanks

I don't think 1) is fine. You don't have original interview letter, how can interview? In addition , you already reschedule or canceled interview, USCIS will not allow you go back and forth. Go to interview just waste your time. If you didn't prepare it, maybe failed.

That is my opinion.

I just called IO and explained my story and IO faxed a copy of my interview letter with a USCIS FAX cover page. I may have to try with that for the interview.

My interview date is on 11/30/09. I need to travel out of the country on Dec 21. I sent reschedule request (sent original as mentioned in interview letter) on 10/30/09 the day I received it. So far no information from USCIS on whether it is rescheduled or not. I called 1-800 and no use. I took an info pass appointment and explained the situation. Representative at the counter at USCIS office suggested told me to go ahead and attend the interview and reschedule oath. That way you do not need to turn in green card. But I forgot to ask for my original letter. When I get home I again called IO, explained what happened and told that I don't have a copy of interview letter. Then IO/Representative faxed my interview letter with USCIS coversheet.

My questions:-
Can I try and appear for interview with that copy?
Can I request for reschedule oath to the date that I come back?

OR Do I call 1-800 number / get infopass appointment and cancel my interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview date is on 11/30/09. I need to travel out of the country on Dec 21. I sent reschedule request (sent original as mentioned in interview letter) on 10/30/09 the day I received it. So far no information from USCIS on whether it is rescheduled or not. I called 1-800 and no use. I took an info pass appointment and explained the situation. Representative at the counter at USCIS office suggested told me to go ahead and attend the interview and reschedule oath. That way you do not need to turn in green card. But I forgot to ask for my original letter. When I get home I again called IO, explained what happened and pretended that I don't have a copy of interview letter. Then IO/Representative faxed my interview letter with USCIS coversheet.

My questions:-
Can I try and appear for interview with that copy?
Can I request for reschedule oath to the date that I come back?

OR Do I call 1-800 number / get infopass appointment and cancel my interview?

Yes you can go the interview with that copy and let them know they faxed it to you. If they give you Oath, the next day or the same day...you should take it..You can get a PP at the passport agency in less than 2 days or even a day. Dont make things complicated for yourself by rescheduling your Interview.