Requirements for DCF - urgent!

qwain76

I am married to a US citizen and we live in Italy.

We applied for an immigrant Visa through DCF in July 2007 and our I-130 was approved in Aug 2007 (we received the approval notice by mail).

We are waiting for the Consulate (Naples) to contact us. We tried several times to call them, but we did not reach anything else than an answering machine.

I have some questions regarding next steps after the I-130 approval.

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT: By the I-864 I have to prove that we could have financial support. Is that correct?
If yes, my wife does not have the requirements (income over 125% of the poverty line) to be my economic sponsor. However, I am quite welty: in Italy I own a US$ 190,000 house, I have US$ 35,000 between bank account and titles, I own a car and I get US$ 6,000 of yearly rent from the house I own. I also have a PhD degree so I can easily find well paid jobs. Are these requirements enough for not requiring a sponsor? Can I be my own sponsor?

MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS: I know I will have to prove some medical requirements for having the Visa (like vaxinations, HIV test....). Is there somewhere where these requirements are clearly listed (e.g. which vaxinations are necessary?) and how they should be proved? Do I have to go to a special "partner hospital" of the US consulate for the exams or I can go to any Italian hospital?

OTHER: are there other important requirements I need to prove? Is there any way I can speed up the process?

Please help us because we absolutely need to accomplish the process asap.

Thank you and regards,

qwain.

Qwain,
The sponsor (or co-sponsor) has to be a US citizen or a PR. Thus you canot be your own sponsor. Does your wife have any family/friend in the US willing to act as her co-sponsor?