Required documents for filing EAD/AP

meg_z

Registered Users (C)
• Copy of Form I-94 departure record (front and back)

I am reading the instruction of filing EAD. The above is one of the documents listed.

Is this the white I-94 one got when entering the US? Or is this the latest approval of a non-immigrant status, H-1 or H-4?

For someone who has not gone out of the US after the initial entrance, but has changed status, which one should one send with EAD application? Thanks.

When in doubt, send both! One is proof of legal entry, and the other proof of legal (current) status.

Thanks to everyone.

Whichever one was issued later is proof of legal entry *AND* legal status.

Do you mean the latest approval of the H-1B extension serves as proof of both legal entry and legal status?

I have an additional question related to I-94. If one changed status within the US from F to H with no H visa stamp, what to surrender? The original one based on F visa or the latest H extension approval? Thanks very much.

Thanks, everyone.

Do you mean the latest approval of the H-1B extension serves as proof of both legal entry and legal status?

If it has an I-94 on it, then yes. I'd still keep a copy of the original I-94, though.

If one changed status within the US from F to H with no H visa stamp, what to surrender? The original one based on F visa or the latest H extension approval?

I'd surrender both, and get a new I-94 when you return.