Requesting tax transcripts from IRS for five years. Need to use Form 4506-T?

bskyblu

For citizenship interview, I requested Tax Return Transcripts for the past three years.
However, two more prior years are not accessible from online nor phone.

I saw the previous post that you can order using the Form 4506-T.

1) From the instruction, it looks like I need to pay 50 per year? which means total of 100 for requesting two years of records ?
Is this correct?

2) Federal tax transcripts are sufficient, right? No need to bring State Tax returns? (I'll bring my own copy of returns anyways though).

3) Any better ways? or is this the way that people have done?

Thank you

Tax transcripts are sufficient. I downloaded the 3 years that were available as transcripts, and the prior 2 as the closest thing that was available online (i think it was tax account). It was fine, interviewer didn't even comment on the difference. Apparently most people don't even get asked to show them.

Thanks Susie.
Those 2 prior, I checked that "Account Transcript" and "Wage & Income Transcript" have those years.
I'll print all those.

So no need to use the Form 4506-T to request two more years and pay 100...

i don’t think so, and I think it was the “account transcript” I downloaded for those years. It doesn’t seem they normally even ask for them, and they weren’t actually on the list of documents on the n400 interview notice. (I took mine because I might have needed some “backup“ evidence for maintaining status during some lengthy absences in my first year as LPR.)