Request for passport for visa stamp

#1Chicago

Registered Users (C)
I did my medical test on December 24 2004, yesterday I received a request from Canadian consulate in buffalo asking me to send them my passport and three pictures.
My question is if I send them my passport now they will issue me a visa and I think I should enter Canada within six month or do you think they will give me a visa to enter Canada until December 24 2005 which is a year from the date I took my medical?
Thanks to all feedback

#1Chicago said:
I did my medical test on December 24 2004, yesterday I received a request from Canadian consulate in buffalo asking me to send them my passport and three pictures.
My question is if I send them my passport now they will issue me a visa and I think I should enter Canada within six month or do you think they will give me a visa to enter Canada until December 24 2005 which is a year from the date I took my medical?
Thanks to all feedback

Your visa will be valid till Dec 24, 2005 (OR the expiry date of your passport if it expires before Dec 24, 2005)

You can land anytime before the expiry of your visa.

I read in some posts that the visa validity to enter Canada is only six months
from the date you submit your passport to buffalo consulate.
Can somebody give us their experience? Is it six months from the date I send them my passport or a year from the date I took my medical test no matter when I submit to them my passport for visa stamping? Thanks to all