Request for Evidence (Form I-485)

TiredOfEverything

Hello,

I have received a Request for Evidence saying I must send:
- submit a completed and signed form i-864 latest edition
- provide the petitioning sponsor's social security number on form i-864
- submit a complete copy of the petitioning sponsors federal income tax return, including all supporting tax document (W-2s, 1099, Form 255 and tax schedules) filed with the return, for the most recent tax year.

I the problem is that I have submitted my application in Mars 2020 with my 2018 tax return since I didn't filled my 2019 then. and I have a copy and I can confirm that everything they asked for was submitted except the W2s.

now I am confused if I should send them the W2s only, or the whole thing again. should I send the 2018 or send the 2019 tax return and documents since I just filled them.

also should I send the tax return transcript or the tax return Form?

thank you :)

Give them what they asked for...your entire 2018 tax information, this time include the W2's. Since you now have 2019 Tax returns, send that as well (including W2, 1099, etc) since they say "for the most recent tax year". I don't think it matters if you send a copy of your actual tax return a copy your official IRS tax return transcripts. They are both considered your "tax return".
I provided a copy of the official IRS tax return transcript downloaded from the IRS website for my I-485 and it was fine. (and copy of W2)

Give them what they asked for...your entire 2018 tax information, this time include the W2's. Since you now have 2019 Tax returns, send that as well (including W2, 1099, etc) since they say "for the most recent tax year". I don't think it matters if you send a copy of your actual tax return a copy your official IRS tax return transcripts. They are both considered your "tax return".
I provided a copy of the official IRS tax return transcript downloaded from the IRS website for my I-485 and it was fine. (and copy of W2)
Thank you so much Amberleaf. this helps a lot