Renewing 2 year old passport

ths118

Hello,

I have an Indian passport that expired in 2007 and i have been hearing different things about how to renew this. One of them being, I would have to go to consulate office and talk to them face to face.

I am a permanent resident card holder and my application for US citizenship is in process and i should receive citizenship in about a month. But i would like to travel now and need my passport but dont know how to go about it. I have visited the chicago consulate website and there are application forms but they require me to send my original passport and all that, and i defientely need some advice from experienced people for the procedure.

Thank You

Original Indian passport is required to be sent for renewal. It takes a few weeks to get it renewed.

But is it definetely doable ? Or do i actually have to go to chicago to get this done ? Because i live in Michigan and chicago is like 5 hours from here and with my daily hectic schedule going there is out of question unless they are certain that i go there one day and everything gets done unlike how they treat you in india where they will say come tmrw come trmw.

But is it definetely doable ? Or do i actually have to go to chicago to get this done ? Because i live in Michigan and chicago is like 5 hours from here and with my daily hectic schedule going there is out of question unless they are certain that i go there one day and everything gets done unlike how they treat you in india where they will say come tmrw come trmw.

You can mail the application to them but even if you make a personal appearance, you will not get a new indian passport the same day (even if you apply for tatkal processing)

Ok then i guess it would be better to mail it ? Because i remember i had called the consulate office and after 1/2 hour of hold all they said was Come in and talk to this person. I mean seriously ? no more information was given.

Ok then i guess it would be better to mail it ? Because i remember i had called the consulate office and after 1/2 hour of hold all they said was Come in and talk to this person. I mean seriously ? no more information was given.

Check Indian consulate's website for passport renewal information and follow the instructions provided there.