Removing SSN Restriction

I got my passport stampled few days back.
Can any of you pl direct me to info on how to get SSN restriction removed?
I would also appreciate if any of you can give me address of SSN office in Alexandria / Arlington area.

Thanks,
Phaedrus

SSN Office

You can log on to www.ssa.gov to find a Social Security Administration office closest to you.

To remove the restriction, what you need to do is to go to the SSN office and fill out the SSN application form again and mention your present SSN. When u are called to the window, the officer will take your details and note them down on your SSN record. You card should arrive in the mail within 14 days.

Nothing much to do here....just go to a SSN office and wait in line for sometime ! :(

Hope this helps !

What is the meaning of 'SSN restriction removed' ? Do we need to do anything with the SSN after we get 485 approved or the Plastic Card ??

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes a prospective employer may ask you for your SSN card, and if it says "Work Authorization Required" on the card then that might actually scare the employer off.

Plus the SSA's record also shows that you need some kind of authorization to work. Its always a good idea to keep your SSN records uptodate with you present status and of course your address !

gcslowgoer

If you were working on H1 or EAD (before stamping), you'll have 'valid for work only with INS Authorization' on your SSN card. Once you got the plastic card you need to go to a local SSA office and apply for a new card without that restriction.

The below link provides very useful information about the things to consider after green card

[xxxxxxxxxxx]

Last edited by a moderator: