Remove Conditions on LPR (I-751)

smali

Registered Users (C)
What documents need to be submitted with above petition. Any personal experince and waiting time at VSC?
smali

Here is a list of all the documentation that I provided with my I-751 petition:

- joint tax returns
- apartment lease in both names
- joint bank account statements
- utility bills in both names
- joint credit card statements
- joint automobile club membership cards
- joint store card statements
- joint health and medical insurance cards
- life insurance beneficiary declarations
- joint airline tickets (for vacations)
- joint renters insurance documents
- joint automobile insurance cards
- joint cellphone bills
- Christmas cards addressed to both of us

The more documentary evidence you provide, the less likely you will be called for interview.

Hope this helps.

Years ago when the conditional Permanent residency rule came into effect, my wife was subjected to it. At that time, not many people had even gone through the process. I had gone through the application and decided to provide 1 or 2 proofs in each category listed by INS.

I do believe that there is such a thing called overkill in submission of proof.

The application contained the following:

1. Copy of birth certificate of our 1st child
2. Copy of the mortgage that was a joint responsibility.
3. Letter from the bank regarding our joint bank account
4. Copies of joint tax returns since my wife's arrival in USA
5. Two identical affidavits from my parents ( we lived with them )attesting to existence of a bonafide marital relationship between the two of us. The affidavit further attested their willingness to testify to the information in front of an INS officer, if asked to do so.
6. Ofcourse the I-751 duly filled out

We got out approval in the mail in a few weeks and then we got the stamp at the local INS District Office.

If you see the instructions for this forms, the above info covers all categories requested by the INS

Last edited by a moderator:
I just need to ask a few questions regarding the removal of conditional status:

How long does the process take?
Is your immigrant status maintained while your approval is pending and your conditional PR status has expired.
Thanks in advance.

The process varies by service center. The receipt letter extends the validity of the conditional GC by 1 year ( usually ) and you can get a stamp from local INS letter on the basis of the receipt letter.

If there is no approval and the stamp expires, you can get an extension from the INS district office.

In the meantime, you may be eligible to file for citizenship anyway.