removal of sponsership

redfishking

I am a U. S. citizen and married in the Philippines on January 8, 2008.She arrived here on December 18,2009.So we were married almost 2 years before she got to the U.S.A.After 1 month here I discovered that she is a scammer.I filed for divorce on Feb.11,2010.There is a good chance it will be an annulment.She has since gone back to the Philippines.She did recieve a conditional green card and a ss card.My question is can she get allimony from me?Also how do I remove sponsership?I live in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
When (if) she applies for removal of conditions for her green card, she will need to show that the marriage was not a sham. You will also need to sign the form. If you do not sign the form, it will raise red flags for the USCIS. Her application will most likely be denied.
Also, if she stays in the Philippines for too long, she might be considered as having abandoned her permanent residence status.
I do not know about the alimony question.

There is a good chance it will be an annulment.She has since gone back to the Philippines.She did recieve a conditional green card and a ss card.My question is can she get allimony from me?Also how do I remove sponsership?I live in Texas.