religious asylum

You will be asked to prove your persecution and/or probable future persecution based upon your religious beliefs. Asylum cases are individual and country specific. Provide more information and you will get a better response. Your question is too generic.

xKM4u9J

Sorry I entered the image verification in the title by accident.

I agree with mesbahu. Your question is too generic. Please provide more details

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to back up your claim. You have to prove that your life will be in danger if you are sent back to your country. Threatening letters helps, if you can get newspaper clipping, that helps also. If the US Dept. of State human rights report of your country supports your claim, that is even better. At the end of the day, the IO has to be satisfied that your life could be in danger if you are sent back to your country. If the IO is satisfied, you will get asylum.

Questions will come mostly from what you have put on the application and from the proofs you provide. If your witnesses cannot make it, you should get affidavits from them. Know your application and your proofs inside out. Majority of the questions will come from them.

There is somebody in this forum who had similar situation. You will need to search for the post.
Most of the questions in the interview will be about Christianity. They want to know that you are a real christian or not. You should not worry about the interview at all if you are a true follower of the lord. The officer doesn't care that much about the situation in your country because he/she already knows about apostasy law in your country and he/she already has the department of state report for your country. The only thing he/she cares about is whether or not you are a true believer. If they are convinced that you are a true believer, then they will approve you.

Also, they will focus on names and dates and they will ask you again in different ways to make sure you have the same answer.

If you are a true believer of the lord, then I can tell you that you should not worry because the lord is with you all the times and he can do miracles and your life will be full of joy and peace. Amen. I am praying for you.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"

Last edited by a moderator:
6 more days for interview, anyone want to share experience with me....?

Get a good sleep the night before the interview...do not be late..do not panic...be honest...take not of all ur dates, look at the Asylum officer in his/her eyes when answering questions...do not give unnecessary details...it's ok to cry...But..DO NOT SMILE OR LAUGH AT ANY TIME DURING OR AFTER the interview
GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND

Be prepared for many questions related with your religion:

-. Name of the Pope or head of your church
-. Name of your Bishop
-. 10 commandments
-. 7 capital sins
-. Differences between old and new testament
-. Important Psalms (23, 118, etc...)

Good Luck my friend!

SBB2Ya

You also need to know the name of the books of the old and new testament (Genesis, Exodus, Romans, Peter, John, etc...)

The officer will ask you questions to make sure that you are a Christian. That will be the most important thing they will focus on. They don't want you to convince them that your country persecutes Christians because they already know that. We will pray for you.