Relationship between EAD2 and 485

lil_joe

Registered Users (C)
Is there any link between EAD 2/AP 2 Renewal application and triggering of 485 Process?

Maybe, some one might have a Correlation Coefficient between the two.

Thanks

Not sure if it is true..but atleast i follow it and got approved

i am following Many approved cases and finally dicide to apply AP2 after reading retrogession of Dates(12/8/04). I sent AP2 very next day on 12/9/04 through express mail and USCIS got it on 12/10/04(Friday)...as expecting i got approval emails on 12/13/04 stating My I-485 approved on 12/12/04....i don't know they are working sunday or it was approved Friday/saturday.

Hope this will help...but no harm trying applying AP2/EAD2.

Good Luck

My LUD changed on 11/04 saying "finger print received ..blah.. blah.." and after that no change I applied for EAD2 on 12/05 and LUD changed to 12/08 and 12/10. We will see what happens in my case.

Signature below...

I-140 ; ND:05/03 AD: 02/04
I-485: ND: 01/05/2004 AD:?????

LUD: 01/05, 11/04, 12/08 and 12/10

FP1: 10/30

i am going to try this totka this week end, my lud changed on 11-09 and 11-11 after FP and nothing after that most of the people who did fp around me have already got approved.

so i will try this by sending ead app now.

:confused: :confused:

not really...

Not in my case....my 2nd EAD/2nd AP were approved back in Feb 04. And my 485 was approved just a couple of weeks ago.

----------------------------------
EB3 concurrent filing in VSC

LC (RIR) applied: Jul 02 PD: 7/17/02
LC approved: Apr 03

I-140 ND: 5/28/03 AD: 4/20/04
I-485 ND: 5/28/03 AD: 11/30/04 PP stamped: 12/13/04 Card: ??
FP done: 3/16/04

Spouse's 485 ND: 5/24/04 AD: ???
Spouse's FP: ???

I applied for EAD2 in early July '04. Approval of I-485 came on 12/8. So, there mayn't be any correlation after all. But no harm to apply for one, as no one quite knows how BCIS operate.

Manoj Kumar

Not working in my case

I applied for 2nd EAD and AP in Aug, 04 no decision yet. Initiated an inquiry 2 weeks back waiting for reply.

I-485 is pending since 07/03, FP done in Oct 04. Even I-140 is not approved yet.

Any idea whats going on?

I have send application for second EAD this week, lets see if that brings any progress on my case. There has not been any LUD update for my case, since I applied for 485. Check my signature for details.

Filing..EAD2/AP2 trgiggering I-485 approval...

lil_joe said:
Is there any link between EAD 2/AP 2 Renewal application and triggering of 485 Process?

Maybe, some one might have a Correlation Coefficient between the two.

Thanks

I am not sure on this...I filed EAD2/AP2 in oct 2004 and only EAD were approved last week (see my signature). For AP2, LUD was changed for me& dependents with NO change in earlier AP message (thats AP message is not saying AP approved!)

Our FP results are "Processing Resumed" and AP2 is on hold, I think they ran ISBS check on our cases & holding AP2 approval for good for known reasons to them!!!!

In short, right now I am not sure Filing EAD2/AP2 trgiggers I-485 approval...lets hope for good...if my AP2 gets approved then its sure that I-485 approval is not triggered by filing EAD2/AP2..

More than likely there is no relation between applying EAD/AP and 485 approval. As I recall reading it somewhere (don't ask me where), there two sets of adjudicating officers. A set of junior officers work on simple applications (EAD and AP are considered that), and the others work on more complex application (AOS, 485 is considered a complex application). THe officers working on simple applicatios are not alowed to adjudicate 485's.
But even this beleif did not stop me from trying ! :) I applied my EAD/AP2 this week in hopes of somethingpostive.

I seen this trend of approval in last two months..and thats impress me to try....and it work. The reason i was thinking that INS look your I-485 before approving EAD/AP and if your case is ready and waiting for approval then it may get approved.

but anyway sonner or later one need to apply AP/EAD then why not when you are on edge of approval...make sense?

Thanks everyone and Good Luck

I received my 2EAD approval e-mail today morning 6.15 am. Also I seen LUD change on I-485 for all of us after 3.30 pm. I seen 10 times from the morning. no LUD chage before 3.30 pm.

Lets see what willl happen tomarrow

kamvp said:
I received my 2EAD approval e-mail today morning 6.15 am. Also I seen LUD change on I-485 for all of us after 3.30 pm. I seen 10 times from the morning. no LUD chage before 3.30 pm.
Lets see what willl happen tomarrow
Given that your 485 LUD was on 11/11 I would guess that EAD has no impact on 12/14 LUD.Your approval is long pending and not it is the time :)

MD_Rockville said:
Given that your 485 LUD was on 11/11 I would guess that EAD has no impact on 12/14 LUD.Your approval is long pending and not it is the time :)
Latest LUD on I-485 was today after 3.30 pm.

If there is even a remote correlation, its only coincidence, and nothing else.

When the officer adjudicates the EAD, he doesn't even have the I-485 file in his possesion. Some of them don't even check if the AOS is already approved!Its 2 completely different officers in different departments adjudicating each file. Some applicants in TSC and NSC are on their 3rd and 4th EADs and had thier 2nd EAD approved many moons ago with no approval of thier I-485 in sight.

EAD2 2nd approval notice...No chang in I-485 LUD..

Today, I received 2nd EAD2 approval notice for me & dependents...I received First EAD2 approval notice separately for me & spouse aroud 12/10/04..(see my signature)....and wodering on Second EAD2 approval notice for all of us..

Also, I noticed that NO change in I-485 LUD and AP2 approval is still hanging...