Rejoice,NSC moved 4 months since Oct!!!!

genemaster

Registered Users (C)
The new processing times bulletin has now been posted...

As of November 14th, NSC is processing April 14th 2007 cases!!!!

However, my RD is Jan 26th 2007 and no approval yet.

Should I call NSC???

Either wait 30 days (then you will be 30 days outside of processing), or wait 2 days because of all the calls they will receive today. Let me know how it turns out.

Just talked to CSR

I called the 1800# from one of the posts below and inquired about the case.
I guess I got the CS guy because he only took my info and said I should hear back from them by 12/19...

So, if you are now out of the processing time and try to get info, you will get none..all you get is a super slow person struggling with spelling and messing up data entry only to tell you "you should hear from us within 30 days."

Awesome...

We waited this long, another 30 days won't kill us. Although I doubt anything will actually happen in 30 days.

Ifishbein...

...I know, but I grew increasingly annoyed with everything when I saw my colleagues who applied as late as May getting their GC's in the mail back in September!!!
I had to take some action, especially because I am afraid I mught be in name check (as per my earlier post, now somewhere on page 2)

The # is 1-800-375-5283

...and why the hell didn't I get any info, just the stupid personal data collection and "we will contact you" line???

I am going to wait the 30 days. I have contacted NSC several times since my RFE response in July and never got a good answer so I doubt they will give me a good reason now. I am also frustrated by the lack of order, especially the lottery between centers, RDs and PDs. I too have collegues who, in nearly identical situations, had their GCs on hand within a couple of months.

The new processing times bulletin has now been posted...

As of November 14th, NSC is processing April 14th 2007 cases!!!!

However, my RD is Jan 26th 2007 and no approval yet.

Should I call NSC???

First thing first.. is your PD current?

I don't believe in these dates. Look at my my signature or details. I am EB2 from ROW country with NC Cleared in 2006.

I called and was told that me case even though outside processign time can't be adjudicated because it is still pending FBI background check ..... so don't hold your breath, this 4 months jump won't be very helpful except to send out letters to congressman and other officials.

How did you get them to tell you this info???

I can NEVER get to a person who will talk to me, they just ask for my personal info and say I will hear back in 30 days. Does this mean I was simply speaking to customer service rather than with an information officer?
The info they took was needed to create what? An information request?
Does anybody know more about this? I am sure someone had the same experience and knows what to expect...
Do you think I can call again and simply start asking questions rather than providing info they require in order to determine who i am talking to???
Please, reply good people as I am getting incredibly frustrated!!!

Thanks!

GM

to speak to an IO here is the sequence:

1-800-375-5283
press 1, 2, 2, 6, 1
Enter receipt number LIN*******
press 1
wait for message to start, then 3 and 4

that should get you to the IO

RD Current ... PD not current ...

Well, all these months I was waiting for the RD to move to Feb 07 because my PD is current. And now my RD is current but PD is retrogressed. Also, not to forget that my namecheck is also pending! So, I am not holding my breath.

Now, if any good soul can provide me with sample letters (or even better a dummies guide) to get started with chasing down congressmen/Senators/etc for NC, I will be really grateful.

Do you think it is till OK to call...

...even though I have unwillingly made this "information request" yesterday?

I am just worried of an IO officer finding it in the system and getting pissed off..

Security Check Pending!!!

Hello,

just a quick update:

I/O told me that as of today, my name is still in NC. This corroborates the info in my "how I f-ed myself up" post from some weeks ago quite nicely and is yet another proof that you should not allow for your data to be used as a reference for ANYONE!!!

God have mercy on me. It has been a long journey and every possible obstacle has come in my way throughout...

GM:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

relax brother (or sister)!

Hello,

just a quick update:

I/O told me that as of today, my name is still in NC. This corroborates the info in my "how I f-ed myself up" post from some weeks ago quite nicely and is yet another proof that you should not allow for your data to be used as a reference for ANYONE!!!

God have mercy on me. It has been a long journey and every possible obstacle has come in my way throughout...

GM:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I might sound philosophical, but take it easy. Life is much more than GC. Plus there is no way for you to know why its stuck in NC. Tons of people are. Why rationalize. I wish you all the best.

P.S. I am personally in the US since Aug98 and am in the 485 stage for a year now.

Understood,but...

...there is no real employment (or any) freedom without GC...yes, 180 days have passed since my I485 application and I could theoretically change employers but for an EXACTLY SAME position and many people need GC to do EXACTLY that: get away from the misery they've been in for years. I have been in this country from 1999 and have gone through ALL visa categories (school, OPCPT, work). I have been in my current position for almost 7 years and yes, I want out to a better one, not the same thing that had caused me nothing but sleepless nights. As far as I have to present "limited availability to work" I will be discriminated against and ,yes, underpaid.
I have two kids who are US citizens and have nothing to worry about. My wife,having a degree in a very lucrative profession, has been rotting here doing nothing until this September and now she's at the mercy of USCIS for an extension of EAD through my job...
No philosophy here,mate, just cold facts of life....